2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it does, just a little bit. As you can see by the picture below, i got DRLs which are LEDs. My headlight bulbs which are Sylvania UltraStars (look same as the OEM ones by Phillips that were in there) I was a bit dissapointed, thought they would be more white. They are brighter but they are not more white. And i got yellow tint on my fogs.

When i have all 3 on it looks a bit out of order. To me at least. What im planning on doing that maybe buying either new fog bulbs (yellow ones) or buy white ones just replace. (I dont drive with my fogs on unless its foggy) And maybe get HIDs so they match the DRL LEDs. My question is what would be the color of HID (XX00K color) that would match the DRLs? I dont know much about HIDs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Your DRL's look blueish in that picture. Do they look like that in person or are they white? For HID's to match I would get 5000k if the DRL's are white or 6000k if the DRL's are blueish.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your DRL's look blueish in that picture. Do they look like that in person or are they white? For HID's to match I would get 5000k if the DRL's are white or 6000k if the DRL's are blueish.
They look more white than blue when actually looking at them, they do have a slight blue tint to them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it helps at all here is a pic of my car with 8000K on the lows and fogs.
They have a slight blueish tinge to them.
OO thanks! That looks really close.

Also i keep seeing all kinds of HID kits. Idk what to get! I dont know any good quality HID. My dad keeps saying dont get the 29.99 ones from ebay, most likely they are crap or dont last long.

And im planning on adding Angel Eyes to my car, most likely White. I was going to do RED, still deciding. Since im going to have Eyelids on the car as well.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
OO thanks! That looks really close.

Also i keep seeing all kinds of HID kits. Idk what to get! I dont know any good quality HID. My dad keeps saying dont get the 29.99 ones from ebay, most likely they are crap or dont last long.

And im planning on adding Angel Eyes to my car, most likely White. I was going to do RED, still deciding. Since im going to have Eyelids on the car as well.
Yeah don't do the cheap ebay ones, they won't last long. I had cheap bulbs from ebay on my last car and they were just that...CHEAP. It's worth spending a little more to get the quality. My HID's are Extreme Vision but I had them done professionaly at a custom shop along with my blue halos and LED. Just do some research and ask questions is what it comes down to.
The angel eyes will look mean on your car...the red would go well with the color of your car just not sure if the red is legal. I've been lucky so far and not gotten pulled over for my Blue eyes. Just depends on your personal preference. I like both the white and red.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah don't do the cheap ebay ones, they won't last long. I had cheap bulbs from ebay on my last car and they were just that...CHEAP. It's worth spending a little more to get the quality. My HID's are Extreme Vision but I had them done professionaly at a custom shop along with my blue halos and LED. Just do some research and ask questions is what it comes down to.
The angel eyes will look mean on your car...the red would go well with the color of your car just not sure if the red is legal. I've been lucky so far and not gotten pulled over for my Blue eyes. Just depends on your personal preference. I like both the white and red.
Ill check it out.
I think you can, just you cannot have a combination of RED and BLUE. Basically cant do police light colors. Id have to make sure in my area though. Worst case scenario i buy white ones. Thats one thing ill try to have on my car for sure. I had 2 BMWs and i never got a chance to buy those and out them in. hahaha Plus i saw them on other cars and they looked cool. So might as well do it to my Mazda.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good lights are so critical to look, and for anyone actually driving at night. Which is probably everyone. It's not worth buying cheap ebay ones, spend the extra.
Yup! Kinda screwed myself over with the DRLs, saw your guys for $110 bucks. But then i saw "same looking" ones on ebay for $70.00. I compared the two along with another set that i found for like $40.00 bucks. I decided to go for the $70.00. The only thing was that me and my dad didnt understand the directions and ended up hooking them up our own way with what we understood from the instructions. They fit good and everything, but we tried our best to make the wires look nice, its a little messy but i dont mind too much. Thought i told myself if i still have my Mazda and those DRLs go out for some reason, ill buy the Corksport ones.

Also side questions, do the Corksport Points expire? I know i have a few, im just waiting to get warmer and for my back account to grow a bit once im back from school for the summer. hahah dont want to lose those points, i might make a hefty shopping spree once i do. haha

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Yup! Kinda screwed myself over with the DRLs, saw your guys for $110 bucks. But then i saw "same looking" ones on ebay for $70.00. I compared the two along with another set that i found for like $40.00 bucks. I decided to go for the $70.00. The only thing was that me and my dad didnt understand the directions and ended up hooking them up our own way with what we understood from the instructions. They fit good and everything, but we tried our best to make the wires look nice, its a little messy but i dont mind too much. Thought i told myself if i still have my Mazda and those DRLs go out for some reason, ill buy the Corksport ones.

Also side questions, do the Corksport Points expire? I know i have a few, im just waiting to get warmer and for my back account to grow a bit once im back from school for the summer. hahah dont want to lose those points, i might make a hefty shopping spree once i do. haha
Well, maybe if they fail in the future. The Points don't expire. Feel free to use them whenever!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Where can I get some DRL's for my 13 Mazda 3?? Been looking everywhere but all I see on like Ebay is the ones that go under your fog lights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts