2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having some fun with my Mazda 3, once I got back home I noticed a paint chip above the front driver wheel (the car only has 2,000 km). It is not big, but big enough to see it if your looking up close.

There is a picture of it below. What should I do? Does the Mazda touch up paint be any good, and how do I use that? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
That's nothing compared to all the chips I have lol

Nine the less buy some touch up paint and cover it up coz u wouldn't want anything rusting

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pen is fine, apply the color let it dry then apply the clear coat. It's not hard to use.
Would it leave any sort of residue or anything that would make it look worse than it is now? Sorry, this is the first time it has happened, and its a new car, I don't want to make it any worse that it is...

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would it leave any marks though? Like you be able to tell it has been patched up?

I will go to the dealership tomorrow to buy touch up paint. Hopefully they will have my color in stock. As for the pen or the other type, I am not sure since I live in Canada...

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
I have so many chips its not even funny, but I drive it its not a show car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I managed to get something like that on my drivers door and used the factory touch up paint to cover it up. My color is black mica too and you cant see where I painted it unless you really look for it. A chip stands out way more than a spot that looks like you hit with a sharpie

·
1,577 Posts
Owned many a Mazda over the years. Paint isn't their strong suit. There will be.more chips unless u wraps the whole car in 3m clear bra

Buy a Lexus for good paint. Then again my lotus has shittier paint than my Mazda. My sc and ls had the beat paint of the 46 cars I owned.

·
The tennerican!
683 Posts
U can use a toothpick and just dab. I did that with my black mica and u couldnt tell.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You'll get lots more lol. I've had pretty good luck with Dr. Colorchip. You still notice them up close but from like 3 ft away it's hard to tell.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Do what Jcollazo recommended and use a toothpick. If you use the paint brush that comes with the touch-up paint, you'll end up applying too much paint and it'll look terrible (although you can always clean it off with Goof Off or Goo Gone).

In all seriousness, though, you only freakout for the first few paint chips on your new car. After a while, you just get used to it. It's a car and it's meant to be driven and chips in the paint build character. Like someone else mentioned, the Mazda paint is really thin, so it'll happen a lot more, so just get used to it and be glad it wasn't a rock chip on your windshield (got my first one a few weeks ago).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts