2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tonight I decided to remove ALL emblems. See pics below...

The Mazdaspeed3 emblem was already headed to the trash before I even decided to pry it off.

1. Tool: mini flat head
2. 15 seconds LoL

VIOLA! Perfect addition to my already diaper filled trash barrel.

Next was the rear "M", which I plan to paint black along with the front "M". For the rear, I didnt use floss or fishing line on the "M". Instead I used a very small flat head that was thin enough at the tip so that it would get under the edge of the emblems without touching the cars paint. Once I got the tip under the "M" I simply pulled outward on the screwdriver focusing all the pressure under the edge of the emblem and it slowly peeled off enough for me to get a large flat head under it and remove it all with ease.

For the front, I didnt even bother trying to reach behind the emblem to push on any clips. I came up with a plan based on a picture I saw. Thanks to one of the guys at corksport for posting a pic which showed the front emblems clip location from behind. So what I did was I put some painters tape around the emblem on the painted surface, and SLID A BUTTER KNIFE under the edges of the emblem where the clips were and pulled outward on it and each clip came out VERY EASY. 5 clips total. Super fast and simple. NO CLIPS BROKE.

Heres how both emblems look from behind:

FRONT:

REAR:

After removing the rear emblem and the left over 3M tape residue, there were only 2 small holes which can be capped pretty discretely with something from home depot. I havent gone to look yet but Im sure something there will do the job and not look bad.

I may just leave the read "M" off the rear and cap it. Check it out!

:001_wub 1: Thoughts?

·
Registered
103 Posts
All you need is a red led going side to side in the bumper and what do you have?

Knight rider :eek:hsnap 1:

Looks sick!:001_wub 1:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The rear looks great with all the emblems gone! I think this works really well with a black car, most others would look strange!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can you measure the Size of each emblem? I want to buy some off ebay and fool with those before I mess with the ones I have on my car. What type of finish are you going for?

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you measure the Size of each emblem? I want to buy some off ebay and fool with those before I mess with the ones I have on my car. What type of finish are you going for?
Front one is 5 1/2" wide.
Rear one is 5" wide.

I will do gloss black paint then clearcoat.

UPDATE: I will be putting both front and rear "M"blems back on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
good idea. I did the same thing.

heres a quick (dirty) cell phone pic of my rear.

hopefully I can get my tail light film on this weekend if I have time...

Attachments

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good David :tongue:

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just sprayed em black with 1 heavy coat of clear

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
97 Posts
Man, looks tight!

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did they just pop back in or did you have to use some sort of adhesive?It looks really good. What did you do about the holes for the "Mazda," on the hatch?
The front popped right back. The rear "M" I put new 3M double sided tape on the back of it and stuck it on. There are no holes behind the mazdaspeed3 emblem, so I left it off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts