2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just letting everyone know of my excitement for later today. I will be purchasing thw new reflector led replacements in the "smoked" color. I will have them installed hopefully tonight (we will see how weather is, I have a carport not a garage lol) will have pics up as soon as they are done.

Also on a side note (I have asked this before) does anyone know when I can buy some "smoked" tail light lens? Getting my cobb ap next but I have a birthday coming up and a wife that loves me lmao

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just letting everyone know of my excitement for later today. I will be purchasing thw new reflector led replacements in the "smoked" color. I will have them installed hopefully tonight (we will see how weather is, I have a carport not a garage lol) will have pics up as soon as they are done.

Also on a side note (I have asked this before) does anyone know when I can buy some "smoked" tail light lens? Getting my cobb ap next but I have a birthday coming up and a wife that loves me lmao
damn bro what about the kid?...what am i saying. you better mod as much as possible. those days are soon over :crybaby 1:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn bro what about the kid?...what am i saying. you better mod as much as possible. those days are soon over :crybaby 1:
I have been told that a time or two before. The baby comes in june so I have 3 months to get a cobb ap, rp, and fp internals. If I can hit a base stage 2 on my car. I would be a happy guy :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have been told that a time or two before. The baby comes in june so I have 3 months to get a cobb ap, rp, and fp internals. If I can hit a base stage 2 on my car. I would be a happy guy :)
then i wish you the best, after blowing another 30g's on a new car my modding will be quite small for a long time lol.

and you'll be happy until you get used to the power...then want more...then more...then you'll have a 40,000 dollar paper weight with a blown motor that you have to part out because after 3 years your tired of dropping money into modding.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Hey JTMS3 here you go
Krystm's Garage – Mazda 3 Mods and More! Tutorial: Rear Bumper Removal
Im almost positive the 1gens have near the same as the 2gens but obviously a lil different did both removals at work awhile ago and I hope this helps if not sorry Ill do some this weekend if theres a speed that comes in at the shop! Cotneyejoe this should also help you for installing the reflectors!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Update...

So..remove tailights. Check....
Take off bolts holding on bumper. Check.... ( it said to jack it up and remove the rear tires for this, but I just rolled the back tires on some cinder blocks so it.was easier to lay underneath)
remove bumper. Check..
Take out reflectors and then feed wires thru holes and put on led's. Check..
Put bumper back on. Check...
Find posotive wire and attatch led wires to factory license plate plug, and attatch clips...... Huh?? Sorry, without a picture I have no idea how to "plug in" an open wire to something that that has a closly fitted connector.. I fiddled with it for 20 minutes or so before I said screw it. Im not a machanic or an electrician. Corksport can show me how to plug them in tomorrow.. Kinda pissed after I spent an hour getting to that point.
And of course when I get the bumper off it starts raining, "great!". Im kinda dissapointed I could not finish my set up, for right now.. They are just spendy looking reflectors

·
Registered
63 Posts
I remember looking at the instructions when they came out and recall there being some supplied wiring connectors to splice in, there is a picture on the instructions that shows the factory wiring, reflector wiring, and connector they use i think. But goodluck!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Update...

So..remove tailights. Check....
Take off bolts holding on bumper. Check.... ( it said to jack it up and remove the rear tires for this, but I just rolled the back tires on some cinder blocks so it.was easier to lay underneath)
remove bumper. Check..
Take out reflectors and then feed wires thru holes and put on led's. Check..
Put bumper back on. Check...
Find posotive wire and attatch led wires to factory license plate plug, and attatch clips...... Huh?? Sorry, without a picture I have no idea how to "plug in" an open wire to something that that has a closly fitted connector.. I fiddled with it for 20 minutes or so before I said screw it. Im not a machanic or an electrician. Corksport can show me how to plug them in tomorrow.. Kinda pissed after I spent an hour getting to that point.
And of course when I get the bumper off it starts raining, "great!". Im kinda dissapointed I could not finish my set up, for right now.. They are just spendy looking reflectors
Run to your local parts store and pick-up t pin connector and a crimp tool

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So as soon as I can figure out why my phone wont let me load up pictures. I will post some lol. They look nice and sexy :)

Update!!!!! Cant load them on this thread but they are on my profile. Sorry its mostly bland on the pro, but hey, your just there to check out my girls azz ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts