2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 14' S Touring model and can't seem to figure out the read and reply to text messages feature. I've checked the manuals and couldn't find anything (sorry if I missed it). Appreciate the help guys, thanks!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mine is not working with my iPhone 5 either, I have checked all the settings per the owners manual and nada. With the phone connected the email and text options are grayed out.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I confirmed with my dealer, mazda3 2014 yet not compatible with iPhone, just Blackberry and some Android
Any iphone 4s and newer running the ios 7 supports bluetooth map profile which is what the mazda 3 infotainment uses for text and email. Also from what I read, it only lets you access the text menu if you recieve a text on the iphone or something. Its a bit weird.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones since I'm using a Windows Phone and it just works as it did before on the Gen 2 cars. A text comes in and the systems hands it over to the phone for voice control and reading of texts through blue tooth.

·
@Its_LouieV
119 Posts
Finally got txt messages working on my phone, it sometimes works with emails too. It only started happening after I left my car with the dealership for those issues that were happening. (Need to check my version)

I did have to go to bluetooth on my phone, and then click on the little info button at the far right in the bluetooth screen and turn on notifications.

For some reason my car won't save my phone as phone only and no music. but ill reserve my comments til the next update.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Finally got txt messages working on my phone, it sometimes works with emails too. It only started happening after I left my car with the dealership for those issues that were happening. (Need to check my version)

I did have to go to bluetooth on my phone, and then click on the little info button at the far right in the bluetooth screen and turn on notifications.

For some reason my car won't save my phone as phone only and no music. but ill reserve my comments til the next update.
Just to be sure, you have an iPhone, it wasn't giving you the SMS and you went to your dealer and now you received SMS/email ?
Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
possible fix?

I was having the same issue with my iPhone 5s for about the first week that I had it. I went on a long trip and plugged my phone is via USB (BT was still paired) and a text alert came up! after that, I seemed to not have any issues with receiving text alerts over just BT.

I didn't have to do any thing special, but something about using the phone over USB for a while seemed to do the trick. Maybe worth a try?

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I got my iOS 7 and all i had to do is to create a pairing, to activate 'show notification' turn of my car, on again and... walla ! it works !

My only problem is that i can't reply to the messeges i get and i have no option to read my emails..
anyone has a solution ?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hi all,
I got my iOS 7 and all i had to do is to create a pairing, to activate 'show notification' turn of my car, on again and... walla ! it works !

My only problem is that i can't reply to the messeges i get and i have no option to read my emails..
anyone has a solution ?
I do not believe iOS supports this or if it does Apple will not let 3rd parties perform this function.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.