2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

While i was with V56 EU, i i received my SMS messages to my car from my Iphone 6 (show notifications on).
After upgrading to V59 EU , i do not receive messages anymore.
Also does any body receive other kind notifications ? I really want to see whatsapp messages.

Any suggestions ?
Maybe , i should go back to V56.

Thank you

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have not had SMS issues with v59 and my iPhone. Try completely un-pairing the phone (remove Mazda from your phone and remove your iPhone from the Mazda), then re-pairing. Also make sure the Bluetooth settings on your phone for the Mazda (after it's paired again) has the "Show Notifications" set to ON.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still doesn't work.

I am going to try a full reset.

I would like to know if any body receives notifications other than SMS, like whatsapp etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would like to know if any body receives notifications other than SMS, like whatsapp etc.

Thanks
Never got anything other than SMS messages. I'm on V59 and texting works ok. Android 6, Hangouts as default texting app (similar to iOS Messages).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Solved.
Put your phone in manual mode in "do not disturb settings" , this way the SMS messages will show on your phone and transferred to Mazda, also notifications must be on at the Mazda Bluetooth connection.

It is related to the phone not to the unit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Honestly it is a pretty worthless thing. You can't read the text while driving, it won't be displayed on the screen. The quality of the text messages read out is less then desirable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you ever tried to clear WhatsApp caches in the phone settings because it happened to me once and when I cleaned my WhatsApp caches, my problem was solved if doing so would not solve your problem. Then try to use this OGWhatsapp Apk I hope this will solve your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts