2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not sure which section this belonged in, so im sorry if im in the wrong place

i want to smoke out my third tail light, but i dont really want to spend the money on a fresh can of spray tint. i was wondering if anyone in the san gabriel area of 626 would let me borrow/buy their can off them.

also, if anyone else has done this, would you mind sharing pictures of what it looks like on ur mz3? i drive a mz3 sedan in black mica

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would honestly just go to advanced auto parts and get VHT night shades. I had to use a whole can because I did a "test" run the first time around spraying my tailights and 3rd brake light, and thought i could do better so i started over..VHT night shades runs about $8-14 a can..I mean its worth it..its not too expensive..ANDDDDD my lights look GREAT...below i attached a photo of my finished tail lights..they look pretty fresh if you ask me..

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
cro-magnon man
510 Posts
I would honestly just go to advanced auto parts and get VHT night shades. I had to use a whole can because I did a "test" run the first time around spraying my tailights and 3rd brake light, and thought i could do better so i started over..VHT night shades runs about $8-14 a can..I mean its worth it..its not too expensive..ANDDDDD my lights look GREAT...below i attached a photo of my finished tail lights..they look pretty fresh if you ask me..
did you fill in the holes where the emblem was, if so what did you use?

·
Registered
24 Posts
did you fill in the holes where the emblem was, if so what did you use?
I WISH I FILLED THEM! I just popped the emblem back in after painting it black..I wanted to but I was a little scared of it not blending well etc..and im not trying to spend out the ass for a body shop to do it..but i really would like to know some tips about doing this myself..Sorry!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just buy some vinyl tint online it fairly easy and it wont change your visual light effect

1 - 8 of 8 Posts