2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll do a full write up later, but here's a peek at what I'm in currently working on.
Sprayed tails using 4 coats red Krylon stained glass and two layers of VHT niteshades, with 3 layers clear.
The clear is still curing, I have to wetsand and compound them tomorrow. Gotta figure out a way to cleanly cover the reverse lights and red smoke the border around them.

First coat:

Four coats:

Two coats VHT:

Some night pics:

I'll snap some more when I'm done. Anyone have any ideas for covering the reverse in a clean pattern so it doesn't get redded out? The only thing I can think of is cutting the outline of the reverse on a sheet of tape and sticking it to the light, then removing it when I'm done.. I know it'd be so much easier just to red smoke the entire thing but I want to keep it cleared. I might end up lightly smoking the reverse and red smoking the rest of it..

·
Registered
67 Posts
That looks sick. Have u finished the reverse light yet? That's the look I want but I think I'm going to use transparent red vinyl.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow man, awesome looking. Didnt know they made that "stained glass" red. Awesome job, when you are all done, i would like to see some day light pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts