2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered these from Taiwan on 2/22. They were shipped on 2/25 and arrived today, 03/04. Can't wait to install, which won't be for several weeks.

No instructions so not sure how to hook up. There is a red, black and orange wire. I only want them to work when my lights are on.

Attachments

Reactions: BIGDOC

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just running lights. Don't want turn signal or brake light hook up.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ugh I hate when they send you a product with no wiring diagram. Black is most likely ground. You'll probably have to test each wire individually to see how they affect the lights, and then test which wire turns on what with the taillights. Most likely from your picture they just have bare wires you'd probably have to use wire taps. If you only want them to be on when the park lights or headlights are engaged then you'd have to tap into the wire that controls those two or one function for the tail lights.

Its pretty easy if you know which wire does what. Maybe the service manual has it? Also could you take a picture of the back? I want to see how its going to hold into place in the bumper. Clips or Tape? Thanks!

Reactions: leela222

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The description of the product said no instructions would be included..LOL I had a copy of the service manual I downloaded and it won't open up now :(

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have had a set of those lights on my previous 09 GT and they really looked sharp! I didn't have them hooked up with the turn signals however they worked as a second set of brake lights.

One thing to be aware of is those lights do not seem to be sealed very good? Meaning water kept getting inside of them and blowing them? I had ordered mine from ijdmtoy.com they obviously were aware of problem cause they sent me two replacement sets.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ordered also the same reflector lights.. yup, no install or diagram included. figuring out how to install as well..
If you figure it out would you mind sharing? :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Personally the rear night lights on the non-LED cars are way too small. All that red on the taillights and the tiny corner lights up. Don't know how DOT approved it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Personally the rear night lights on the non-LED cars are way too small. All that red on the taillights and the tiny corner lights up. Don't know how DOT approved it.
Agreed, I am glad I have the sGT.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have had a set of those lights on my previous 09 GT and they really looked sharp! I didn't have them hooked up with the turn signals however they worked as a second set of brake lights.

One thing to be aware of is those lights do not seem to be sealed very good? Meaning water kept getting inside of them and blowing them? I had ordered mine from ijdmtoy.com they obviously were aware of problem cause they sent me two replacement sets.
To remedy this I would probably have used like a kind of sealant over the edges of the opening, like the stuff used in resealing headlights. Like just get a little and smear it over it. It might help if these do have the same issue.

Reactions: leela222

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
466 Posts
On the gen 1 sedan you had to remove the whole bumper inorder to access the two screws holding the reflector in place, let's hope on the gen 3 sedan the reflectors have the screws on the outside?

·
Registered
578 Posts
On the gen 1 sedan you had to remove the whole bumper inorder to access the two screws holding the reflector in place, let's hope on the gen 3 sedan the reflectors have the screws on the outside?
I went to check this out when I saw this yesterday and from behind the bumper where the reflectors are fixed to, it does feel like there are screws or something holding them in the back. You can check for yourself if you want just have to put your hand behind the bumper and feel around.

Edit: went to check again and there does seem to be one screw and a retaining clip and a empty hole which could be used for wiring.

I got a picture for you guys haha its not so good sorry, the floor was cold. You can see the two clips in the far right and left, the hole in the middle, and from the left of the hole is where the screw is, at least I think its a screw (pretty sure though).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome! Thanks Hawk!

·
Registered
466 Posts
To remedy this I would probably have used like a kind of sealant over the edges of the opening, like the stuff used in resealing headlights. Like just get a little and smear it over it. It might help if these do have the same issue.
Yes this is definitely a good idea !!

These LED reflectors really look sharp when lit up, but the seal on them is weak and the buyer should put some kind of extra sealant on them before installing.

Like I stated before, I had these reflectors and I loved them ....when they worked, if any water or oil gets inside the LED's start to blow and it leaves the reflectors looking like a "lite bright" toy lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts