2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I wanted to compile a master list of all the devices with known compatibility for the Mazda 3 Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3 built-in to many of the vehicles we own. My intention is to have a source to help myself and others purchase or customize their device to get it to display track information through the stock system. iPhones do not work, you can stop reading now or see the FAQ below for further information.

Please see the original thread started by earthmonster several years ago on the journey to update the Bluetooth in the stock headunit to AVRCP 1.4 and to post any issues you have with your device.
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2010-2013-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/6131-updating-bluetooth-avrcp.html

Please post the following information ONLY if your device is compatible with the stock headunit bluetooth controls and properly displays metadata information:
Manufacturer and Model of your Device (Samsung S4, HTC One, etc)
Android Version (4.1.1, 4.2.2, etc)
Stock Manufacturer ROM or Custom ROM (For Custom, Please list which ROM)

You reply should appear like this: (Not sure if these devices actually work or not)

Example:

Samsung S4
Stock

OR

Nook Color (1st Gen)
CyanogenMod 10.2

Please keep this thread only as a list of device compatibility, NOT FOR ISSUES/QUESTIONS

I will attempt to keep this thread updated to the best of my ability, but feel free to PM me with any suggestions or FAQ questions that would be beneficial to the rest of the members.

Thanks all.. I hope this helps everyone solve some of the questions and mysteries.

Image Credit: glyphon

FAQ

Bluetooth AVRCP?
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)

AVRCP 1.3 Handles Basic Controls, Play Status and Metadata.
Basic remote control commands (play/pause/stop, etc.)
The status of the music source (playing, stopped, etc.)
Metadata information on the track itself (artist, track name, etc.).

Why don't iPhones work?
iPhones all support AVRCP 1.4 since iOS 5, which does is not backward compatible with the 1.3 Profile installed in the Mazda 3 Stock Headunit. (This is the reason for only showing BT Audio.)

Please see the original thread started by earthmonster several years ago on the journey to update the Bluetooth in the stock headunit to AVRCP 1.4 to be compatible with the iPhone.
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2010-2013-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/6131-updating-bluetooth-avrcp.html

What year Mazda models does the stock Bluetooth unit work with?
Mostly 2012/2013 Models, although some have reported success with 2011/2010 headunits.

Do Windows Smartphones/Tablets work?
Do they? TBD

How come my XXXXXX media player does not display the metadata?
From my research and experience, Metadata is usually only sent over Bluetooth by the stock media player on your device, although some have reported success with Google Play music app as well; YMMV

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here was a few to start us off that I pulled from the other thread although I haven't tried them myself.

HTC One X+
4.1.1?
Stock

HTC myTouch 4G
2.3.7?
CyanogenMod 7.2

HTC Droid Incredible 2
2.3.7?
CyanogenMod 7.2?

Motorola Droid X
Custom Gingerbread

Sorry I don't have all the info for these because it wasn't posted by the other users. Hopefully from here out we can try to be more exact to pinpoint devices that work best with the stock headunit displays.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2013 Mazda 3 Sport Skyacti iTouring with BOSE System - NO Nav

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (IS9250) GSM
Cyanogenmod 10.2 - Maguro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has'nt this Been supported since Bluetooth stack 2.0 and in android since 2.3?
I would imagine it would be easier to say "All android handsets that came with Honeycomb or newer should work with our Mazda's with Bluetooth AVRCP. (now if the car has it or not.. Completely different, and older versions of android should work as well)

Also, it won't be a rom issue unless Bluetooth is flat out broken in a rom. That's a whole different subject altogether, and really should be kept to stock rom's.

I develop inhouse apps for my company... gotten to know android quite well since Android 1.5

·
Registered
3 Posts
Google Pixel OG and Pixel 2 are backwards compatible with 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6.

1.4 Is set as default, all you have to do to set it to 1.3 is enable Developer Settings and set it to ARCP 1.3 from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Google Pixel OG and Pixel 2 are backwards compatible with 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6.

1.4 Is set as default, all you have to do to set it to 1.3 is enable Developer Settings and set it to ARCP 1.3 from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts