2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I haven't seen a topic on just the Smart MZD Player yet... at least the Google custom search (over to the upper right of the forums page) doesn't come up with anything but a mention or two. Anyway, here we go.

Because I am hesitant to use AIO and potentially mess up my system (if there is a way to mess it up, I will find it) I looked into other options to still have a somewhat non-standard set-up. I found a demo video of this app (Smart MZD Player) on youtube and tried out the demo and USB software... which was unsuccessful on my '17 Mazda3.

I looked to the authors website... an easy Google search, compared listings and discovered the demo must be unsupported as Google Play Store shows the demo as v2.0 but all listings for the USB software on his site are at v5.0... I had some extra credits on my Google account and decided to spend the money for the full version (v5.0) not knowing if it would work but ended up trying the "why not, f- it, take my money" approach anyway... and SUCCESS, it worked... well... it worked but not to my complete satisfaction.

The sample movie plays great... a big bunny sniffing flowers and such... I have yet to add more videos to the stick as going between Windows machines and Macs are a major pain in the tusch when USB drives don't like this or that system and the files I want are stored on the opposite system. That does not fit my current at-this-moment-now-now-now needs (my luck). But I figure (assumptions make an ass of...) if that sample plays well then other local videos eventually on the stick should work as well, right? Formatting to correct codec, resolution fix of course would be expected.

What I was super excited for was the Screen Mirror option within the app. I loaded it up and that worked as well! Alas, it works... it mirrors the phone display and audio (audio through bluetooth) just not together. I played some local media from my phone as well as a couple youtube videos but noticed a major shift in audio/video sync of about 3 seconds. Dang! I wonder how we can fix this?

Is it perfect? No! Is it useful? To me, yea...ish, it has me talking! I will keep working with it to see if I can get it to work better through the settings menu or whatever but in the mean time I was wondering if any of you had any experience with it... tips and tricks... etc. How does this compare to the video player in AIO? Let us know, this could be fun!

Attached picture is the only proof I could show with the screen mirror set up :p I'm one for thinking inside the box!

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Frankish!

I have a 2 months old Mazda2 and I would like to use navigation with better traffic information, so I really hope Mazda will come with a Android Auto update, so I can use Google Maps.

But till than I am looking for other ways. I feel not comfortable to change the cars software and discovered also the Smart MZD Player. I have tested it a few days and it is actually quite good! I have used it with TomTom, Waze and even Android Auto! (Voice commands through the phones microphone).

It is not perfect at the moment, but the developer has a lot of ideas (even one where you do not need the USB stick anymore), like touchscreen possibility.

So as long as Mazda do not give us AA, I will keep my eyes on Smart MZD Player!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agree, I have been using mirroring screen for google maps and AA which makes a lot of things easier, also everything is working with my Nexus 6p, just hope people dont use videoplayer while driver since it's not safe but apart of that everything is great, so far so good spent 8dlls for this app. Tested time ago (3 months ago) and all updated has been just magic!

About sync issue, it's not the app it's how MAZDA CONNECT works...I have not find any magic solution apart of pause your video or game and then calculate to audio get sync from app or something like google maps directions etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Video Player

Hello my name is brianstrunk81. I installed some tweaks using AIO and have yet to figure out how to use the video player. Any advice. I ripped a dvd and formatted it within the specs that should play on the player but all I hear is the sound and the video does not play on the player. It shows on the top menu as Harry Potter MP4 and when I click it, it drops to the bottom just like I have seen in the youtube videos that are in Spanish but it does not play, just sound. Any advice on how to make this work. I also added android auto, not sure if this may have messed something up other than my bluetooth phone calls.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its perfect only thing that is problem is the battery drain with screen mirroring. Usb is slow charge
I didn't think about that! You seem to be right thou, it would drain.

Hmmmm, anyone notice anything new in v6.0 app/software? I downloaded the app update from the play store and the new zip from the website but haven't put it on the stick yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello my name is brianstrunk81. I installed some tweaks using AIO and have yet to figure out how to use the video player. Any advice. I ripped a dvd and formatted it within the specs that should play on the player but all I hear is the sound and the video does not play on the player. It shows on the top menu as Harry Potter MP4 and when I click it, it drops to the bottom just like I have seen in the youtube videos that are in Spanish but it does not play, just sound. Any advice on how to make this work. I also added android auto, not sure if this may have messed something up other than my bluetooth phone calls.
Check the audio compression coding. Only ACC , MP3 are compatible, don't AC-3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts