2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I believe someone, the other day, said they tested it with a big cardboard box in front of the car. Thought I might try that for tickles and grins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did it a few months back, shortly after getting the car. Used a few large light cardboard boxes....just in case. To my surprise it worked perfectly. But it doesn't kick in until you get uncomfortably close, like 12" to 18". It's an extremely uncomfortable feeling to drive your brand new car directly at an object, even if it is cardboard.

I think I tested it up to about 20 mph and it was fine. It works via an IR laser coming out of the top of the windshield, not the expected adaptive cruise control microwave emitter.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just open your garage door 1/2 way and pretend your gonna drive into it. That way, if it doesn't work you won't hit the garage door cause it'll clear the hood of the car. I've gotten pretty close to cars on the road and it's never kicked in, gotta love it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why I ask is because I park my Mazda3 behind my Miata on the driveway... tight fit. There are times when I slowly pull up behind the Miata and the two cars touch bumpers. Maybe this isn't what the system was designed for.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Why I ask is because I park my Mazda3 behind my Miata on the driveway... tight fit. There are times when I slowly pull up behind the Miata and the two cars touch bumpers. Maybe this isn't what the system was designed for.
No, it's designed more for coming up on something, at low speeds, and the driver not responding to the situation. It only reacts as a last resort. It wouldn't engage, with your foot on the brake, as you slowly creep up to park. Best bet, would be to install an aftermarket front parking sensor system. Mazda Australia, has a nice front parking system that acts like the rear parking system in NA cars. But, sadly, it's not available in North America.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
That's why I installed front parking sensors in my car. You can see the details in the How-To section.

·
2018 mazda owner
20 Posts
Has anyone tested or experienced how well this system works?
My scbs comes on all the time for no reason. I keep taking it into Mazda and they keep giving me b.s. excuses to why the light is on I even filed a claim with Mazda and took. Settlement of an extra 100k warranty and $500 the tech said if a different error code shows up they will replace the camera (which is what I've asked them to do for about a year)

·
Registered
452 Posts
My scbs comes on all the time for no reason. I keep taking it into Mazda and they keep giving me b.s. excuses to why the light is on I even filed a claim with Mazda and took. Settlement of an extra 100k warranty and $500 the tech said if a different error code shows up they will replace the camera (which is what I've asked them to do for about a year)
So, turn it off each time you start the car like i do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts