2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
587 Posts
I've owned my car for 5 months and had this issue twice. The warning went away itself. Once was this morning in the frosty weather, and another time was on a summer evening.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i've had this a few times, normally cycling the wipers with a good squirt clears it

today, in the rain it came on (the warning light and malfunction notice) and wont go away.
I check to make sure no leaf was on the sensor (clear), wiped the windows (again it was already raining).
I reset the SCBS to factory defaults and its still on.
Even shut the car off for a good minute or 3.

I went in and turned it off in the settings to avoid it from randomly slamming on the brakes.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,246 Posts
i've had this a few times, normally cycling the wipers with a good squirt clears it

today, in the rain it came on (the warning light and malfunction notice) and wont go away.
I check to make sure no leaf was on the sensor (clear), wiped the windows (again it was already raining).
I reset the SCBS to factory defaults and its still on.
Even shut the car off for a good minute or 3.

I went in and turned it off in the settings to avoid it from randomly slamming on the brakes.
It will happen when: front grill sensor is frosted up, dirty and blinded to weather conditions.

·
Codger
73 Posts
It happened to me once, when driving directly into the setting sun. When the highway curved slightly north, the light went out.

·
2018 mazda owner
18 Posts
my scbs light was on for 45 mins yesterday and before that it periodically comes on for no reason. the windshield is clean, no rain or fog etc. dealership said they repositioned the camera cuz it was slightly off and it recalibrates itself and they did a computer test and no known issues. I wrote a registered letter to Mazda and told them it was a lemon. Mazda called me and told them theyve received the letter and Now Mazda corporation is gathering all the service records from all the dealerships and will either fix the issue, rebuy the vehicle or put me in into a new vehicle. Luckily i've video taped all the times the light has come on and stated this to him. before this the backup camera stopped working but they fixed that issue after 3 attempts.

·
2018 mazda owner
18 Posts
my 2018 mazda 3 constantly has the scbs light come on for no reason. it has been in the shop 3xs already and i wrote a lemon law letter to mazda. their tech is looking at it now and will try to simulate the driving conditions to get the light to come on again. they have 4 attempts to fix the problem. if not it is considered a lemon and they have to either buy the car back, exchange it for another one or offer me a settlement

·
2018 mazda owner
18 Posts
my 2018 mazda 3 constantly has the scbs light come on for no reason. it has been in the shop 3xs already and i wrote a lemon law letter to mazda. their tech is looking at it now and will try to simulate the driving conditions to get the light to come on again. they have 4 attempts to fix the problem. if not it is considered a lemon and they have to either buy the car back, exchange it for another one or offer me a settlement. The company has been very nice about contacting me to try to come up with a solution

·
2018 mazda owner
18 Posts
my scbs light comes on randomly and i've taken it to the shop 4 times. so i contacted mazda corporation and told them it was a lemon and to purchase or replace my vehicle. they've given me every excuse as to why it didn't work so i've contacted a lemon law lawyer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It’s happened with my ‘18 Touring once and told dealership when getting oil changed and they couldn’t replicate it of course. Wondering what is causing this?

·
2018 mazda owner
18 Posts
I have a 2018 Mazda3 sedan. my scbs light comes on too and stays on till i turn off the car. I have brought my car in to the dealership 4 times and they kept giving me excuses as to why it doesn't work so i wrote Mazda corporation a lemon law letter and asked them to replace my car or buy the car back. Mazda got back to me and their tech ran the same tests the others did and he also gave me a lame excuse as to why it doesn't work so i've contacted a lawyer to pursue Mazda under the lemon law

·
2018 mazda owner
18 Posts
I have a new 2017 hatchback 2.5 touring, and the SCBS warning light (Amber) comes on frequently for no reason that I can ascertain. According to the manual, the amber light refers to a malfunction. I'm wondering if this is a common occurrence among owners. Is it dirty windshield, rain, fog or just very sensitive? It turns off when I turn off the engine and come back later.

Thoughts?
My scbs comes on all the time for no reason. I keep taking it into Mazda and they keep giving me b.s. excuses to why the light is on I even filed a claim with Mazda and took. Settlement of an extra 100k warranty and $500 the tech said if a different error code shows up they will replace the camera (which is what I've asked them to do for about a year)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts