2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've had my 2017 Mazda3 Sport GS for a couple of months now and I notice that every time it rains, the Smart City Brake Support amber light comes on after a bit and stays on for the remainder of the drive. Is this normal function for the SCBS due to rain on the windshield over the Forward Sensing Camera?

I'm bringing it into the dealer next week, but wondered what thoughts were here...

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
978 Posts
My recommendation is to take it to the dealer, I had a a similar problem the first day I received my car lol, the SCBS amber light showed after 25km of driving, so I took it to the dealer, and all they did was to reset the system and the problem never happened again!

So let them check it and hopefully it won't be nothing major! I would not recommend doing a factory reset by yourself.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The electronics in these cars do have little glitches. Infotainment crashes on the rare occasion. Recently, my push button start wouldn't work. Hit the clutch, light turns green as normal and then....nothing. just flashes at me.

I ended up pulling the battery cable for a minute to reset everything. Problem solved.

·
2018 mazda owner
19 Posts
Hi,

I've had my 2017 Mazda3 Sport GS for a couple of months now and I notice that every time it rains, the Smart City Brake Support amber light comes on after a bit and stays on for the remainder of the drive. Is this normal function for the SCBS due to rain on the windshield over the Forward Sensing Camera?

I'm bringing it into the dealer next week, but wondered what thoughts were here...

Thanks,

John
My scbs comes on all the time for no reason. I keep taking it into Mazda and they keep giving me b.s. excuses to why the light is on I even filed a claim with Mazda and took. Settlement of an extra 100k warranty and $500 the tech said if a different error code shows up they will replace the camera (which is what I've asked them to do for about a year)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts