2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, same as the topic, can anyone tell me all 4 of the answer?

smallest & the most narrow rims & tires is for the winter, and largest rims (widest & largest) & widest & largest tires for track or so.....

someone said MS3 can use a 16inch, but seems like the rotor & caliper is a tad larger than that already, so I really wonder.... (or they means regular mazda 3)

Thanks

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
19s be pushing it 16 should with a Meatyer tire profile

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have also been wondering what the smallest wheel I can use would be. I can figure out the tire part since anything within reason will do.

OP, I would guess that the width of the widest rim you can use will depend on any suspension mods you may have. If any.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
let say stock wise....

Because I definitely want to increase the width up to 245 to even 255 at summer, but winter, 195 is enough LOL

·
Registered
238 Posts
8.5" is the widest you can go without tearing apart your car. you can put a 245 on a 8.5, but if the car is lowered you will have an issue with rubbing.

·
zoom zoom
52 Posts
uhhh 8.5 is not the widest you can go on this car. and a 245 will fit fine under the car. have you all forgot about offset? i've seen a 18x9.5 45off fit under this car. and it really depends on your offset on what you can fit. you can get an 18x8.5 with a 35 off to fit pretty well under this car with a 245 tire. if your lowered your gonna have to do a bit of fender rolling in the back to clear the tabs but thats about it. if you go with any offset thats lower your going to start having some major problems but the main issue is offset here and how flush and also how much camber you want to run.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so.... again......

can anyone can confirm 235 40 18 is perfectly OK on stock rims & suspension? (No lowering, rolling fenders, and so)

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts