2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever installed spacers or something similar to lift the 3 a bit? I've been scraping my bumper in a few places in my town, it would be nice to have the car even an inch higher. I have a 2014 sGT if it matters.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have you called suspension companies? Apparently they have tons of 'raising' options when I call, but no specific lowering options, naturally.

·
Super Moderator
5,479 Posts
Have you looked at other Mazda models for ideas? Most Mazdas have quite a few parts that can be swapped, perhaps the CX-5 suspension, or some of it at least, can get you what you want. The springs will swap over, probably the shocks too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really I was hoping I could get by with spacers. Literally one inch would be fine with me. The lip from the aero kit is really what's got me, but I like the look too much to remove it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They might, that's just significantly more costly. I'll keep looking, maybe I'll find something.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Anyone ever installed spacers or something similar to lift the 3 a bit? I've been scraping my bumper in a few places in my town, it would be nice to have the car even an inch higher. I have a 2014 sGT if it matters.
Reduce the exaggerated rake a bit by LOWERING the rear a tad more than the front, not too much to remove the rake altogether. Yes, crazy....but I did exactly this experiment on the 2DJ...
Left pic shows front bumper ground clearance of a stock ride height 2. Right is of a lowered & rake-corrected identical car. Latter gained front bumper clearance while losing wheel gap. 2nd pic shows how that car currently sits. 3rd shows how much rake & wheelgap a stock 2 has.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
A set of 2nd hand CX-5 coil springs is cheaper than these spacers.
Uneven corner heights will be a risk w/ used springs...unless one knows its use history & miles covered. Coilovers would be most ideal, just won't be hobo.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Uneven corner heights will be a risk w/ used springs...unless one knows its use history & miles covered. Coilovers would be most ideal, just won't be hobo.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
If all coil springs are from the same car that would not be a problem.

·
Registered
230 Posts
So it's not advisable to lift?
Depends on your needs. If you need more ground clearance then why not? Yes, it will affect the suspension characteristics, mainly cornering, but if you are not racing then I don't see issues. Will need suspension alignment after install.

·
Registered
2016 3 Sport GT
29 Posts
Planning on getting this for the winter time. Getting tired of hearing my skid plate get smashed up from the chunks of ice that fall off the trucks. Will update later down the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts