2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I just got back from the dealership.

They said the battery was bad and it was replaced under warranty for free. Luckily I found the invoice from when I got it.

They also checked the starter and alternator and said both were good.

I've only fired the car up once, but it didn't struggle this time. :)
CK

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I should have guessed this would be needed or maybe the shop should have mentioned it, but I need an alignment after the transaxles were disconnected from the transmission..

The steering wheel is sitting off center by about 2 inches to the passenger side.

I went for a drive today and the road noise from my tires was super loud. Really ruined the drive and my ability to enjoy the music.

At least I have a good suspension and alignment guy close by.

One thing breaks and I'm now making my 4th trip to a shop to get things fixed. Shakes head
CK

Reactions: MeteorGray

·
Registered
49 Posts
If the people who worked on your transmission touched anything to alter the tracking then they should pay for it being re-aligned if it was ok when it went in. Also if they didn't do as you asked re the oil and you had to replace the oil, they their oil and labour should be refunded, assuming you have it in writing what you wanted doing, word of mouth is not going to cover it.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes. We are going to get a refund. They agreed to replace it and just charge the difference in cost for the fluids I wanted, but he was a total a-hole about it on the phone. I just told him to forget and found a shop that was better to deal with.
CK

Reactions: Midnightsky228

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
787 Posts
That sucks big time ... i hope you get it all sorted out soon
It is a pain but it has taken me years to identify a handful of techs i have peace of mind when they work on a car .
Anyone you lives in the Toronto area i will be happy to share these shops.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yeah. A good mechanic is priceless..

The transmission shop I went to was super cool.. talked me out of costly work instead of trying to upsell me on stuff.

My suspension and alignment guy is like that too and really knows what he's doing.

Now if I could just find a good general mechanic for basic stuff..
CK

Reactions: JoeMini

·
Registered
79 Posts
Glad you got it solved, always nice to find out the problems (especially sounds) are fixed with proper fluids or a basic fix! I was reading the post and leaning towards the battery voltage being low when you mentioned a slow crank on start up, kudos fellas. (y)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts