2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

i've got about 7800 miles on my 3, and it seems like the transmission is starting to respond slower when i'm rolling and give it some gas to downshift and accelerate. it's like it's holding the gear longer than it should / than i want it to. has anyone else noticed this on their car?

for example, if i'm behind someone on the road or in traffic at say 15-20 mph and i pull around them to pass, it just seems like the tranny isn't downshifting very quick related to the amount of throttle i'm giving it. i know it's not a racecar, but it just seems like it isn't as quick as it used to be.

it's not really noticeable enough i don't think to others, especially the dealer, to where i could show them the problem and they'd even consider it an issue. at least not yet.

·
Registered
732 Posts
start using manual mode

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your problem is the yellow bit, along with all of the other bits inside of it.
:thumbup 1:

well played!

nah, i mean i know it's never gonna be a manual, but it seemed like it was crisper and quicker when brand new.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Bustin on the autotragic crowd huh? At least we don't have to worry about hair trigger cluch pedals that click. Hydraulic lines that seem to be filled with mashed potatoes when it's cold out. Vague second gear missed shifts and aftermarket short shifters that threaten to destroy our transmissions. I think our slow downshifts go perfectly with our slow as molasses acceleration. Touche! LOL

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
BOOM! hahaha, just kidding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i came from an 07 elantra and had a 5spd in it, but when i wrecked it i decided i needed to meet my wife's inability to drive a manual halfway. so i got the 3 with the manual shift option :)

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
:laughing019: @ this thread! you guys are too much.

the ecu probably adapted to your "everyday" driving and is using those computations instead of the peppier performance from when you first got it. while i'm not entirely sure there's anything you can do about it, you can try these:

reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery for a while
advancing the timing
change transmission fluid to a high performance one (i doubt this has anything to do with it, but hey, worth a try)
push the accelerator further
use manual mode more often

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
Bustin on the autotragic crowd huh? At least we don't have to worry about hair trigger cluch pedals that click. Hydraulic lines that seem to be filled with mashed potatoes when it's cold out. Vague second gear missed shifts and aftermarket short shifters that threaten to destroy our transmissions. I think our slow downshifts go perfectly with our slow as molasses acceleration. Touche! LOL
:laughing019:

·
Registered
732 Posts
:eek:hsnap 1:

·
1,272 Posts
:laughing001: Awesome post.

Even with all of those flaws, I still wouldn't trade my 6spd for anything :001_wub 1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts