2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
STEALTH
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I will introduce myself as a new Mazda owner. Just picked up my 3 today from a private seller, and foglights from Mazda afterwards to do my first mod. I have a list of other mods, but they will come along as money becomes available. I will use this thread to record my progress and misc things I do to her.

I drive over 100 miles a day to and from work and was looking for a commuter. My IS300 wasnt cutting it anymore at 18mpg. After searching on craigslist, I found her. With good reviews and video's comparing other hatchback's with the same mpg range, it was a no brainer to purchase this 3.

She is a '12 i grand touring with 59k miles. I dont know much about them, except it came with HIDs and blue accents on the lights, Skyactiv badge, and engine cover.

Thanks for looking

Phil

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Phil,

Welcome aboard. You did your homework in getting here, and while we are biased at M3R, we know you made a great choice.

Happy modding! Since you are getting Mazda fog lights, and am sure looking for best prices, of course eBay (which has a couple of Mazda dealers selling OEM parts at a good discount). And when you get the eBay price, might I suggest you visit your parts dept of your local dealer and see if they would match it. Some will. Some will laugh at discounting -- but that's fine as we get the last laugh.

Best of luck!

·
STEALTH
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome

Phil,

Welcome aboard. You did your homework in getting here, and while we are biased at M3R, we know you made a great choice.

Happy modding! Since you are getting Mazda fog lights, and am sure looking for best prices, of course eBay (which has a couple of Mazda dealers selling OEM parts at a good discount). And when you get the eBay price, might I suggest you visit your parts dept of your local dealer and see if they would match it. Some will. Some will laugh at discounting -- but that's fine as we get the last laugh.

Best of luck!

Since I did some homework, Im still needing to learn more about these cars. That being said, what is M3R?

I wish I knew about the price match discount before I had bought the Fog Light kit from Mazda. I will keep this for future purchases.

·
STEALTH
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2nd day of owning her and got to test the 3 in the snow. Not bad, but we will see how she does in the morning when its icy

·
STEALTH
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was noticing the MPG was going down a little bit at 90k miles.

Today, I decided to do my spark plugs. Took a little longer than expected. Didnt realize there was a bracket, then I needed a deep 10mm socket I didnt have on hand. Box wrench to the rescue. Then the 14mm deep socket didnt have a rubber boot inside it. My magnetic friend helped get the plug out.

The engine is quieter. Lets see the MPG go up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts