2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went with the drilled & slotted in black. The entire rotor was black when I got them, the black wore off where the pads contact the rotor after driven a short bit and than they look like the picture on their site.

·
Registered
236 Posts
CX-5 rears are even larger than 6.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have not personally tried it. Same chassis, though. If you can find a salvage unit...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Since i have the Brembo Big Brake kit in front, ive been looking around for a slotted disc in the back and upgraded pads.

Seems to be a pain in the ass, because the rear rotor on the 3 is way to thin to get slotting or drilled holes. That what EBC Brakes told me.

Think im just going to get upgraded pads, EBC Green stuff, front and rear, and a new rotor in the rear.

Also running braided lines and DOT 5 racing brake fluid. works like a blast :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Where did you find braided lines for the 2014+ 3? Last time I looked nobody had them. (a couple months ago)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Where did you find braided lines for the 2014+ 3? Last time I looked nobody had them. (a couple months ago)
The front ones came with the Brembo big brake kit, the rear ones is custom from Goodrigde in the UK.

Goodridge is making lines if you send them a email :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Slotted/drilled front and rear rotors are available for 2014+ Mazda 3 at Brakeworld.com. several different models including Chromebrake. I bought them and installed last year (front and rear). They work fine. Would be nice if someone got around to producing decent pads. P.S. My car is Mexico made.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts