2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Slight Engine Bogging - Common issue?

620 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BSImp 
#1 ·
2005 SP3 2.3L 140,000 miles 5-speed

Issue: Bogging and hesitation just after cold engine starts. This concern goes away in just a few minutes when engine temp comes up. Not that big of a deal but part of the overall puzzle I'm sure.

Once car is up to full temperature, after 10-15 minutes of driving, you can notice a slight bog or loss of power around 2500 - 3000RPM. The car still accelerates and drives fine, just not full power. The average Joe might not notice. The car definitely doesn't open up and have full power. You can definitely notice the issue on the highway. Once I detect a slight bog, I can lift up on the accelerator and immediately resume peddle pressure and issue goes away for a while.

In between the time when the car first starts and comes up to initial temp and before 10-15 minutes of driving, she runs amazing with full power.

Only time I get engine codes is on the highway. P0441, P0296

Repairs:

Spark Plugs - OEM NGK plus
Air filter
Cleaned Throttle body
Checked for vacuum leaks
(Issue also existed prior to the repairs above)

Should I be considering O2 senors as the issue? Thinking that makes the most sense.

Any suggestions from the smart folks of this forum would be absolutely appreciated.

Cheers

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.