2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am new to the forum. Got my Mazda 3, 2014 (i grand touring, red), couple of months ago. Been saving up some money and going to spend it on my car now. I have all other mods figured out, but i need your guys help with shocks, struts, springs, colliovers, etc.

So, I am getting new tires and wheels, 225,40,18, and I want to drop my car just a little, 1-1.3 inch, for aesthetics purposes only. I don't do any sort of racing, just casual street driving and occasional spirited driving. So I want to maintain high ride quality (comfort wise). What's the best way of going about this? Budget is flexible.

Thanks guys!

p.s. I attached a pic of my car right now, will add another one, mid Nov, after I am done with all the mods.:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Lowering your car will stiffen your ride as you will have less suspension travel. I would think your best bet would be a set of Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Springs as they are progressive springs. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Springs | eibach.com/america

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have had 4 suspension setups since March of last year. Corksport/Koni Yellows, H&R/Koni Yellows and BC Coilovers. I hated each one of them. Ride was harsh, jarring and jolting with all three, but the BC's were the worst even with adjusting the settings many, many times.

My current setup is the winner. I finally nailed it. Vogtland springs and Koni FSD's. Unbelievable ride quality. I will be posting up a review thread shortly.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: veerbaaghi

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Drop is the same as H&R 30MM F and 45MM R. My tires are 235/40/18

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a great combo! I am going to go with Koni's FSD and Racing Beat Springs. I don't need much of a drop, just a little, and this combo seems to be perfect for me.
Will order and install soon, and let you all know how they perform.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts