2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son-in-law brought this to my attention a few months ago, and I saw my first commercial last night on TV. Supposedly, this product seals the car to repel dirt, water, etc. Has anyone seen/heard of this stuff or used it? There are many youtube videos touting this product. The website is:

New Site

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Get it and try it and let us know!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a follow up to this thread, albeit with another product. NeverWet was the first product I discovered featuring superhydrophobic properties (I was told about SlickX3 a couple of weeks later). Since I first saw the video about NeverWet, the Rust-Oleum company purchased the rights and is currently marketing NeverWet. I believe it's available at most Home Depot stores. Pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same concerns....for now, I think it would be an excellent substitute for RainX (would last longer, for one). One of the first videos I saw had a white F-150 with half the body treated, half untreated....the mud and water slid off the treated side of the body so fast, it was like it was never there. Interesting stuff....

·
Registered
182 Posts
It should be noted that the Never Wet stuff is not shown being used on windows despite that being the obvious use. In that Never Wet video above the piece of glass that it is shown on seems to be clouded on the part with the coating. I would be extremely cautious about using it on a car window. If it does cloud I don't know what it takes to be remved. I am thinking of using Never Wet for my motorcycle set. The rest of my bike is coated with Optimum Poly-coat 2.0

There are more permanent solutions then rain-x that are made by companies with good reputations. Optimum makes a polymer resin glass coating that is hydrophobic. I have never seen a super-hydrophobic car window.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It should be noted that the Never Wet stuff is not shown being used on windows despite that being the obvious use. In that Never Wet video above the piece of glass that it is shown on seems to be clouded on the part with the coating. I would be extremely cautious about using it on a car window. If it does cloud I don't know what it takes to be remved. I am thinking of using Never Wet for my motorcycle set. The rest of my bike is coated with Optimum Poly-coat 2.0

There are more permanent solutions then rain-x that are made by companies with good reputations. Optimum makes a polymer resin glass coating that is hydrophobic. I have never seen a super-hydrophobic car window.
It definitely clouds and gives everything it's applied to a frosted look. I'm still considering putting it on my wheel wells before winter to see if I can prevent ice buildup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.