2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys/Girls,
Well here is my story - i owned an rx8 for 6 months, and went broke on fuel bills, had to sell that gas hog, bought a nice skyactive sedan 2012 - I just did first oil change last night, used Penzoil Ultra 5w20 oil, it runs so smooth.start up does not sound like a lawn mower in the morning.

Now dont go out and call me a troll, but I am really tired of the 0w20 oil debate and weights, my tail pipes are starting to get black, like my rx8 - this oil is just way to thin, I know its the wave of the future, but I am sticking with the ultra 5-20 i might go 5-30 next change. Will run 10k oil intervals,

Any one else using stronger oils in their skyactive engines? or am I the only troll in this forum?
My gas milage has not decreased at all.

Oh, and I really aplogize to mazda 3 owners all over the world, I use to call guys driving these cars little girls. Now I am in one, I really enjoy it.

Give me your feedback, on your ride, or thoughts - I do miss my rx8 some days, but not the bills to keep it on the road.

Attachments

·
1,577 Posts
or am I the only troll in this forum?
You are definitely not the ONLY trolll on the forum, Sidney Sheldon.

I use to call guys driving these cars little girls.
Welcome to femininehood

Any one else using stronger oils in their skyactive engines? or am I the only troll in this forum?
My gas milage has not decreased at all.

I have another mazda that factory calls for 0w20, and I Have been runing it for 20K miles. I haven't had any issues to swight to a 520/5-30, but I don't see any issues with it. Couple of local skyactive guys (not on this forum), and aren't ****,run 5w30 last year and half with no issues.

Oh get ready for all the pansies telling you, your warranty is toast, and your car will be dead next year..etc. Put your seat belt on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies... make me feel like I have some friends out there. I want to plastic dip my rims too.. but I am worried I might turn into a ricer, and bling out to much, I only have 155 hp, I tried to do a burn out the other day, the tires would not move. I dont think anyone has called me a flaming troll yet, so thats a good start.

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thanks for the replies... make me feel like I have some friends out there. I want to plastic dip my rims too.. but I am worried I might turn into a ricer, and bling out to much, I only have 155 hp, I tried to do a burn out the other day, the tires would not move. I dont think anyone has called me a flaming troll yet, so thats a good start.
You only have two posts...therefore you cannot be a troll my friend

via UrbanDictionary (the most reputable source on the Internet, of course)

1. troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Dip that shit. No seriously plasti dip ain't Gunna turn you into a ricer. If you want to go ricer style you need a hood scoop from advanced auto and also the side air vents from advanced auto. Lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am new to this forum, and site, I see that I am a JR member, can I pay a fee to bump my up to Senior Member?
Not to cut in front of the line, but would be nice.. Anyone here have the new mazada 6> I heard from VP in canada sales are very slow, due to the fact everyone is waiting for the Diesel version to come out, late october of this year.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
You can be OG memeber for all we care.. Btw your only going to run the car harder on 5w-20 just saying

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool....I just drove my uncles cx5 2012 SUV.....it's the 2.0 engine really nice ride. Still shocked little mazada only has 7 percent of the market share...they are a small fish in a very large pond.....hope the new skyactive lineup gets their sales up. Ant rx8 owners on here?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Cool....I just drove my uncles cx5 2012 SUV.....it's the 2.0 engine really nice ride. Still shocked little mazada only has 7 percent of the market share...they are a small fish in a very large pond.....hope the new skyactive lineup gets their sales up. Ant rx8 owners on here?
Traded in my 04 RX8 last month for my 10 MZ3 s hatch...great trade, love my 3...miss my RX8's hp though :( I can't complain with this gas mileage though...i barely could get 215 to the tank on my RX8 :argh 1:

·
1,577 Posts
Traded in my 04 RX8 last month for my 10 MZ3 s hatch...great trade, love my 3...miss my RX8's hp though :( I can't complain with this gas mileage though...i barely could get 215 to the tank on my RX8 :argh 1:
Mpg? Don't you walk to work?

Let's not insult the rx8. 3 ain't even on the same level

1 - 20 of 27 Posts