2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do not forget that the Skyactiv X produces the lowest CO2 possible, so it would not be easy to achieve both CO2 efficiency and performance; it is just not possible. Mazda opted for the efficiency and just gave a small range of 1000rpms where the engine really shines. So yes, this is not a sports car whatsoever, but it can produce both low emissions and some sort of performance (at least when it is revved).
Also the problem does not seem to be the peak power, but rather the lack of its delivery from low revs up to 5ish k rpm...
In any case please share information of the tuners so we can have them in mind.

Another way to see gains in wheel torgue is to have a more low final gear ratio. I am certainly thinking of this mode, if I eventually order the CX-30 X. In my Mazda Mx5 2.0 NC, the 3.73 FGR was replaced by a 4.1 and the difference was pretty significant. So if I install a 4.3 or even 4.77 FGR to the CX-30 (that comes with a FGR of 4.1) I will be able to see the difference I want without risking any potential engine related failures and without sacrificing significant km/h per gear since the gears are already extremely long.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts