2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Speaking of parts, I had some back and forth email with the owners of Racingbeat... They told me that they probably won't have any parts ready for Skyactiv until July... They're still in the analysis phase I guess but I'm hoping that someone comes up with something amazing before then! :tongue:

I'm excited to learn more about the potential of this new amazing engine. The only thing is that the Skyactiv drive probably can't take anything over 200-ft/lbs of torque without blowing up (according to some Japanese article)...but it's not like we're putting on turbos.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Speaking of parts, I had some back and forth email with the owners of Racingbeat... They told me that they probably won't have any parts ready for Skyactiv until July... They're still in the analysis phase I guess but I'm hoping that someone comes up with something amazing before then! :tongue:

I'm excited to learn more about the potential of this new amazing engine. The only thing is that the Skyactiv drive probably can't take anything over 200-ft/lbs of torque without blowing up (according to some Japanese article)...but it's not like we're putting on turbos.
We are looking at April to have some power parts completed and available.

-Derrick

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well I'm glad someone is looking in to the sky active I just bought my 2012 and I would like more power I think it has potential but not sure i will support this

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I do not have a specific date yet for the intake.

We did install our CorkSport 2.0 Exhaust on a 2012 Skyactiv Mazda 3 in the shop on Friday and it fits great.

-Derrick

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
I do not have a specific date yet for the intake.

We did install our CorkSport 2.0 Exhaust on a 2012 Skyactiv Mazda 3 in the shop on Friday and it fits great.

-Derrick
The exhaust is routed the exact same way? Along with same hanger positions, flange size, etc? I'm surprised. I thought it would be at least somewhat different with the new engine, glad it isn't. And was this the full exhaust with racepipe or no?

·
Just Getting Started
105 Posts
ok you guys with the skyactive; I need a crash test dummy, errr, victim for our new file for these cars.

Here is the deal, you let us baseline your car on the dyno, and datalog, we will then adjust the ecu calibration file and see what we can find to make this little jewel faster/quicker.

This can take three-five files to get right, so I would really prefer someone nearby(austin, san antonio).

What you get is a free tune, dyno sheets, and bragging rights to being the first tuned skyactive car in the world!

Let me know if anybody is interested.

BTW, looking for 2012 mazda 3 2.5's and mazda6 2.5's as well. same offer

Joe McClughan
Dynotronics,Inc

Did anyone ever take you up on this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a new mazda3 skyactiv and this thread excites me. The car is pretty fast as it is but a little more pep without killing its potential hwy mpg would make it absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
The exhaust is routed the exact same way? Along with same hanger positions, flange size, etc? I'm surprised. I thought it would be at least somewhat different with the new engine, glad it isn't. And was this the full exhaust with racepipe or no?
Sorry I missed you replied back to this.

The CBE exhaust was installed with a racepipe. The rear stock muffler on the Skyactive is a monster in size.

-Derrick

21 - 40 of 301 Posts