2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering, it's been about 2 months since I bought my SkyActiv and I haven't been able to do any sort of customizing yet...

Has anyone been able to swap exhausts like CorkSports or RacingBeat or exchange air-filters to K&N?

I know that SkyActiv specific parts are rare at this time (except for AutoExe which is in Japan).

Any input is greatly appreciated! :D

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Most parts from 10-11 work on the 12 or skyactiv. There's only a few things that as of right now can not work or havent been tested! SRI or CAI for the skyactiv is unknown but its in the works right now with Corksport.com keep updated with them. And bfritts already did a test with a lip kit from either 10-11 and it didnt look right! But thats gotta be assumed since 12 has a different front end then 10-11. Im sure those with skyactiv cars can tell you more if Im missing some stuff.

·
Registered
655 Posts
i've not found any real mods. best we have right now is Springs, sway bar and a few other odds and ends.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Yea. I know RacingBeat recently came out with an muffler for 2.0 engines but I've been curious if anybody tried it with SkyActiv cars.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
everything is the same other than engine and front end and the details in the interior! If you really want to make sure just contact racing beat and im sure they can help!

·
Registered
504 Posts
ok you guys with the skyactive; I need a crash test dummy, errr, victim for our new file for these cars.

Here is the deal, you let us baseline your car on the dyno, and datalog, we will then adjust the ecu calibration file and see what we can find to make this little jewel faster/quicker.

This can take three-five files to get right, so I would really prefer someone nearby(austin, san antonio).

What you get is a free tune, dyno sheets, and bragging rights to being the first tuned skyactive car in the world!

Let me know if anybody is interested.

BTW, looking for 2012 mazda 3 2.5's and mazda6 2.5's as well. same offer

Joe McClughan
Dynotronics,Inc

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Boy I wish I had a skyactiv right now

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Omg...I'm sad that I live too far from Texas but I'm happy that someone is trying to tune SkyA engines! :yes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, I'm still curious if anyone has put on Racingbeat exhaust (2.0) for Skyactiv cars. :001_unsure:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Does the 2010-2011 fog lights fits on the 2012 mazda 3?
I don't think it would since 2012 are round fogs whereas 10-11 is rectangular shaped!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I climbed under a Skyactiv Mazda 3 which stopped by the shop last week to get a look at the exhaust. The rear muffler looks to be designed differently but the path of the exhaust and the connection points look the same as the 2010-2011 models. We are not going to get a chance to check this out for another 3-4 weeks to confirm the fitment though.

-Derrick

·
LUMPIA
23 Posts
How bout the lowering springs? I think they should fit right? Sorry with all the questions i'm new to the mazda world.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any think an aftermarket 4-2-1 header can be fitted onto the '12 Skyactiv 2.0? My sense is that this is where we would find the best performance gain available in the low-mid torque range. Not sure if a CAI would complement that or fight it.

Matt

1 - 20 of 301 Posts