2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Also, thanks to some actual Mazda technicians following my build, we now know both transmissions can take the power no problem.... I will update my notes in the OP to correct this
I saw that other post mentioned about that too. I wonder how much power the 2.0 tranny can handle. As the power output for 2.0 with sc shouldn’t be as much as the 2.5 so it might be within reason for the tranny to handle.

·
Registered
2012 Mz3 Sky & 2016 Mz6
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I saw that other post mentioned about that too. I wonder how much power the 2.0 tranny can handle. As the power output for 2.0 with sc shouldn’t be as much as the 2.5 so it might be within reason for the tranny to handle.
Fundamentally I think the 2.0 MT will handle ~200lb/ft, ~210hp to the wheels (30% tq, 40% hp), without issue, thigh may want to change trans fluid (I dropped the pan on my AT before adding the supercharger) .

The concern seems to be that the synchros on the Skyactiv manuals are smaller, which saves weight and shortens the throw, but theoretically means it is less resistant to "buzzing the gears" if your not fully getting in gear a lot. So adding power CAN make the trans die faster, IF you don't know how to drive manual :LOL:

121 - 123 of 123 Posts