2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: July 28, 2013 - Confirmed by looking at Mazda website that for 2013 Mazda 3 Skyactiv, the jack up point is exactly the same as described below.

If the Skyactiv has the same rigid jack up points as the Mazdaspeed 3, then I think I've found the point on the Skyactiv.

This is the workshop manual page uploaded by forum user: mazdasppedmyk for Mazda Speed 3.

Below is a picture of Skyactiv I found from Tanabe US website. The plastic underpanel does NOT cover the "X" mark. If Skyactiv frame is structurally similar to MS3 then the "X" mark should be the front jack up point. It's so far from front/side that I may need to have the car go up a ramp to jack up properly. The jack stands can go on the pinch welds.

Here's my getto jack adapter for pinch weld if everything fails.

The rear jack up point looks the same on Skyactiv too. I'll try to verify if the car holds fine during next weekend by trying to jacking up on both front and back.

I woke up early today....

·
LiveWrong
489 Posts
Exactly what I was looking for!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I like your side pinch block.
In another thread (click here) I describe how I had the same problem of getting a jack under the front end and still having enough room to jack it up, or even see where to properly locate it. I came up with some very simple ramps made out of a couple of cheap, pine, 8 foot 1x12s I had in the garage.
You can read more about it here (click)
Here is a picture of one:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently painted my calipers on my skyactive, and the shop manual for the skyactive is in the same position. I jacked the car up from those point with no problem whatsoever. Since the jack we used was rather large, it wouldn't fit under my car, so I simply drove the car on to a brick. Worked like a champ! Hope this helped.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I recently painted my calipers on my skyactive, and the shop manual for the skyactive is in the same position. I jacked the car up from those point with no problem whatsoever. Since the jack we used was rather large, it wouldn't fit under my car, so I simply drove the car on to a brick. Worked like a champ! Hope this helped.
I guess anything will work, but I like my cheap setup because you can easily drive up onto it and the stops let you know when you are in position. And it's really stable.. the car isn't balancing on something small.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts