2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
guys the blue light means the engine is cold and has not reached the normal operating temperature.

it doesnt turn red it simply goes away. no light means engine is properly warmed up
I never get the blue light on mine and temps have been very cold this year... is this normal? Or did my model not have this feature? (2010 3s sport)

·
Registered
508 Posts
I never get the blue light on mine and temps have been very cold this year... is this normal? Or did my model not have this feature? (2010 3s sport)
It's possible your model did not come with this feature. Contact Mazda Canada or USA depending on where you are from and ask them if the car is supposed to have this feature. They should be able to tell you with your VIN.

I am pretty sure it became a standard feature in 2011-2012.

This has been covered in other topics, but the low temp light goes away when the temp is above 130F.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My question is why does the high rpm accelerated warm up even happen after starting the engine...it's very loud and can last more than 30 seconds?

·
Super Moderator
4,879 Posts
Lots of more recent post on this.....
The fast idle has nothing to do with warming up the engine and everything to do with emissions and getting the cat fired off as quickly as possible.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts