2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2021 Mazda3 Turbo Sedan
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a video that I shared on some of the FB groups on how to put the Skyactiv transmission family into a learning mode. I've seen some frequent posts about undesirable behavior the transmissions may have learned vs programmed behavior. This erases all the learning and internal clutch learned values. I've done this on multiple Skyactivs over the years and was happy with something it changed on my own 21 3 Turbo. Instructions will work for any of the 6 speed Skyactiv automatics. The two most important steps are the transmission temperature has to be within a certain range as well as your foot needs to be on the brake the entire time.

· Registered
1,415 Posts
I made a video that I shared on some of the FB groups on how to put the Skyactiv transmission family into a learning mode. I've seen some frequent posts about undesirable behavior the transmissions may have learned vs programmed behavior. This erases all the learning and internal clutch learned values. I've done this on multiple Skyactivs over the years and was happy with something it changed on my own 21 3 Turbo. Instructions will work for any of the 6 speed Skyactiv automatics. The two most important steps are the transmission temperature has to be within a certain range as well as your foot needs to be on the brake the entire time.
Excellent video. Very helpful. With your leave, @sinistriel , I'd like to post your above-post at Mazda6club.com...

BTW, most folks on the Mazda6 club have A/T's; me, I have a 6MT...

Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts