2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
My local dealer has been in contact with Mazda Canada (and their tech support and engineers). Everyone seems to be very interested in the positioning of the HVAC controls. Now I am trying to keep track of whether the A/C is on or off, what location is the air blowing, is the fan on or off, etc. Hmmmmmm.

I also seem to be experiencing the surging less often. Makes it very hard to diagnose. It has been ~ 2 weeks since it last happened. Of course it did not happen when the dealer had the car for a week.

Has anyone else gone to the dealer and have any ideas what could be the issue?

Thanks.
Very interesting! I too have a 2012 Skyactiv 6MT. Same exact thing you're all describing happens to me. I never thought about the a/c. It makes sense that if the clutch were depressed, that maybe the engine automatically accelerates to keep the a/c going?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Once I convinced the dealership that the TSB for the surging existed, and no my addition of the Corksport intake didn't cause the issue, they fixed it and I haven't had a problem since. I also had them do the tsb for the headlights dimming, and no problems since.

My only remaining issues with the car are the glovebox not quite fitting right unless I wiggle it around, then it will latch (They said it is "normal"), the driver side mirror shaking annoyingly at highway speeds (again "normal") and the thermostat not being accurate (I have to vary the cabin setting from 65-80 to keep it around 70), which again they said is "normal." The car also pulls to the left a little, but despite them doing an alignment under warranty it still pulls a little more than I think it should. Are you guys aware of any TSB's for these issues?
Tamra,
Can you tell me what it is that the dealer did to resolve the problem?
Seems like everyone else has had the car reprogrammed & problem persists

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you tell me what it is that the dealer did to resolve the problem?
Seems like everyone else has had the car reprogrammed & problem persists
Also interested to know what they did. I too have a 2012 Mazda3 iTouring 5 door 6MT and have noticed the surging issue when downshifting into 2nd. I'm having the flickering headlight issue as well (in winter).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here's the scenario the best I can describe it. I'm cruising at 45 in 4th. Coming into a 30mph zone, I'll let off the gas and the speed will drop, around 30-35, I'll put the car into 3rd with my foot still on the pedal in neutral. The rpms fall so my foot isn't pressing the gas very much. The clutch comes out, now I'm in 3rd and it accelerates like I've got the pressed gas about half way in. When I let go of the pedal, there's basically no travel confirming that my foot was barely on it.

It's very strange. I've been driving almost 20 years and have never had this kind of sensation while downshifting.
could this be the hill assist feature trolling you??

·
Registered
399 Posts
Had this same issue with my 2012 Skyactiv M/T. Dealer applied software fix from TSB and it resolves the problem
Didn't work on my 2013 automatic.
There is a defective part in the transmission that needs to be changed but a tech at my dealer says that Mazda knows about it and hardly ever gives the OK to replace it.
My first and last Mazda.
Lots of choices out there, Mazda can kiss my ass

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I have this same exact problem(?). I've also been thinking, maybe it's me. Glad to know that it isn't.
Doesn't happen often, but it's almost embarrassing if someone else is in the car.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It's very frustrating because I never know when it's going to happen.
I will tell you this though, this is my first and last Mazda. I don't mind if there is an issue because all vehicles have issues but this is the first time a major problem was never even attempted to be repaired and Mazda acts like they have so many sales that losing a customer doesn't matter to them.
My Cobalt had many issues but GM always tried to fix the problem and they had social media peruse the forums to try and help out.
Mazda 100% doesn't give a damn about their customers. So screw them

181 - 189 of 189 Posts