2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SpeedySpeedBoy313
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting some cams for my 3 down the line and I was told by some friends to get headers before I get cams. Does anyone know of a company that produces some quality headers for the 2.5L. I've been digging around and have seen headers for the 2.0 L, whether they are quality or not I don't know, but I haven't seen any for the 2.5L. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,669 Posts
I don't think there is an aftermarket header that works well with the SkyActiv motors. The car does come equipped from the factory with a tubular header. It is ok but could be better.

Cams are not easy to find either.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm planning on getting some cams for my 3 down the line and I was told by some friends to get headers before I get cams. Does anyone know of a company that produces some quality headers for the 2.5L. I've been digging around and have seen headers for the 2.0 L, whether they are quality or not I don't know, but I haven't seen any for the 2.5L. Thanks!
Only person making cams is OV Tuning but they're all sold out lol. I want to get a set of cams too but its about 1k for both intake and exhaust. Might be cheaper if you already bought a tune with them though.

Also zombie thread resurrection?!

·
SpeedySpeedBoy313
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I saw that the combo pack for the 2.5L was sold out :( . And it looks like from the responses that no one makes a quality set of headers yet. Maybe I will just wait and save my money for the new speed 3 that should be coming out in the next 2-3 years. Hopefully it will have AWD!

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Re @arathol's header information above, here is a 6:55 Mazda engineering video that explains some of the reasons for why the tubular OEM headers are exactly manufactured.

Video narrated by Dave Coleman, Mazda Vehicle Testing Manger. For specific header info, start at 3:12, though the whole video has tons of great engineering info for us gear heads:

https://youtu.be/rNtS8qyjIJU

·
Super Moderator
5,669 Posts
Re @arathol's header information above, here is a 6:55 Mazda engineering video that explains some of the reasons for why the tubular OEM headers are exactly manufactured.

Video narrated by Dave Coleman, Mazda Vehicle Testing Manger. For specific header info, start at 3:12, though the whole video has tons of great engineering info for us gear heads:

https://youtu.be/rNtS8qyjIJU
And this would be why there have been a couple unsuccessful attempts and no real workable headers available. The ones out there usually end up with moderate to severe detonation when power is applied. Not good.:surprise:
What is on the car is as good as it gets for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts