2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2016 mazda3 sGT 6MT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. First post! I just traded my 2015 F150 for my new Mazda 3 sGT and I wanted to transfer my Sirus XM subscription. the 'XM' selection is there but faded, unlike 'AM' 'FM' etc.
I called Sirus XM canada and they said that when 'XM' is selected, it will give me a 8 digit code and that is all that is needed, but i cannot select 'XM'..

HELP :) thanks fam!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Only way I know of to get the Radio ID is to tune to channel 0, obviously you can't do that if you can't even select XM from the source list. I'm stumped, have you tried calling the dealer about it?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Don't know the model but I assume it has the sharks fin for XM.

Try rebooting the CMU - Hold Back+Mute+Nav for 10 or so seconds until the CMU reboots.

If that fails you could go into the CMU diagnostics and see if there are errors - Press the Music+Favorites+Mute buttons in your car all at the same time and hold for 2 to 5sec. Use the commander dial to cycle through the menus. There should be one to read error codes and serial number from XM receiver. Take a look to see if anything looks wrong.

Dealer...

Hope you were not impacted by the fires around FM. Rotated there 28/28 for five years before retiring last year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts