2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! First post!

I just purchased my first Mazda a few weeks ago (2014 Mazda 3 ST) and I absolutely love it except for a strange issue with Sirius XM. I was able to select "XM" from the menu no problem (so I know it has the hardware) and it showed Ch. 0 just fine (with the Radio ID), but when I called Sirius XM to transfer my subscription from my old car, they said that everything looked fine from their end and if I'm still having problems then there is something wrong on my end. At that time, I could see Ch. 1 (the preview station) but couldn't hear anything. Then last week I ran some of the MZD AIO tweaks and now it's showing the actual channel names and genres, occasionally some artist info too, but no audio.

I'm wondering if the previous owner tampered with something behind the radio because it SHOULD be working. Do you guys think it's worth getting behind the radio so I can see if everything is connected correctly or could it be a defective antenna? Sirius XM is kind of a luxury to me, so if I have to spend more than $40 or $50 to fix it, then it's not worth it. Let me know if you have any ideas! Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts