2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning (Uk Time) just a quick upload of a few photos to introduce my ride
Mazda3 Takuya 1.6 in Aluminum silver :ninja 1:

Took these on my iphone so they may not be the best. and here are my first to mods,,
Firstly Bouffle this was a gift from my kids when we first bought our Mini 6yrs ago and has travelled far and wide with us and secondly my old Mini tax disc holder in Homage to Maddy :no:
I hope you like them.
Ps my first real mod is on its way as i type eibach springs so i will keep you update with what i do to Ronin but i wont be on the scale of what you guys do, your 3's are amazing.
See you soon Mogly
ps this was Maddy i still miss her she rocked:rock 1: but i love Ronin for different reasons:tt2:

·
Registered
752 Posts
why is your steering wheel on the wrong side of the car? lol JK How is that 1.6?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WoT dA F!!!!!!!? Now you tell me I knew there was something not quite right!!:scared:
So I've been driving on the wrong side to!!! Quick out with the Hack saw I'll soon rectify it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was suspicious why the Sales Guy threw in the Bedouin Birthing Blanket and Camel Hair Jock strap to sweeten the deal! Lol
1.6 Hmmmmm you may be thinking bit of a novelty?
Well I can say it still moves, it's great around town and on the motorway ( Freeway for you guys driving on the correct side of the road Doh!!) it sits lovely in cruise control at 70 mph (120kph) with still the necessary poke to pull away, if you work the gears right ( its a manual) it's as responsive as the 2.0 sport available over here.

·
Registered
66 Posts
WoT dA F!!!!!!!? Now you tell me I knew there was something not quite right!!:scared:
So I've been driving on the wrong side to!!! Quick out with the Hack saw I'll soon rectify it.
Haha, hey the car's name is Ronin. If you have watched the movie Ronin you will recall they drove their car in the wrong side of road at one scene. Either that or someone only knows the world only consists of one continent - America. :clown:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol
Serious Now!!!!:smartass:
My Mazda 3 Model is Called the TAKUYA,, this Japanese Word translates into PIONEER! Meaning One who ventures into Unknown Territory or New Areas of Thought!!
So Daniel Son my cars Steering wheel being on wrooooong side is leading a trail across uncharted Territory and soon all cars will follow and they to will be driving on the right side of the ashfelt ,,,,,,, the Darkside! (Sinister Evil laugh fading out)
No seriously that's what my Mazda3 Models Name means I googled it when I was looking at buying it,,,,,,,,,, it must have been destiny!!!!
On a lighter note my Eibach lowering kit arrived today so not long before it's slammed to the floor.
:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi firstly got to say I'm loving all your build threads and mods can't believe some of the stuff you guys have done mind blowing work time effort put in not forgetting the Spondooleys £$€!!!
I'm not as flush or technically minded so my efforts over time may seem poultry to some of you but hey other than selling the kids robbing a bank or pimping myself out (might earn about £100 if I charge a pennie a go) I hope you still enjoy my humble offerings.
So I get the Eibach springs fitted on Friday ,can't wait come on Friday hurry up. But yesterday ,,,,,,,,, (long story) after convincing my fair lady I bought a set of RX8 rims used but in good condition with the intention of powder coating them!! I wasn't going to go down the 18" wheel route with having it lowered as I have a brand new pair of 17" sport rims which are the stock rims off the 2.0 ltr Sport uk model.,,,,,, Well after seeing a 3 on here with the RX8 alloys on it motivated me in ways I can't express for fear of embarrassing myself and my family:tt2:
So I will get some pics on as soon as I can,,,, a quick question tho,,, does this mean I'm kinda got my own build thread???! :cheesy:
Oh one last thing before you say anything Noodle! They are off a Righthand drive Mazda and apparently they will drive on either side of the road!! Lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slam'd Down

Ok here it is 'Low Down 'n' Dirty'.
Had the Eibach Lowering kit fitted which I bought from a Mazda Dealership, these were a fantastic price as the dealers were having a parts sale £145.00 = $240.00.
The product.
Took the car in on the 16th May to my friend who owns his own Garage he has serviced & maintained all my cars for the past 20 years. He fitted the springs for £60.00=$100.00 so it wasn't worth getting my hands dirty for that price.
Before
After
And now the Science bit!

Man can you tell the difference not just visually but the ride and handling is way more responsive I love it and because over here in Old Blighty (UK) the majority of Mazda3 drivers don't Mod mine stands out from the norm and turns heads which is what I wanted to do subtlety.
Next to get these Bad Boys fitted!!!!
Just giving them a few coats of "poor boys" wheel wax and then "poor boys" wheel protector and I should have months of break dust and weathering protection until it's time for the shitty British weather to kick off again and the winter wheels come out.
See y'all soon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Morning all, the wheels have been polished, tyres are on & I've put the rims on this weekend and here are the first pics with the RX8 alloys on.
Well as I said The UK weather never let's you down raining again! I hope to have some better shots of it soon in the summer sun until then let me know what you think.
I Love 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:001_tt1 1::tt1:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Evening well the game is about to start but it's been a sunny day here and I managed a photo of the car outside in the sun after a wash, polish and wax :yes: so just posting this quick one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
These look great. I have a pair of these wheels that I can't decide on fixing up or selling as is. What brand and size tires are you running on them?

Reactions: Mogly

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Guys, I guess the repeaters (indicators UK ) on the wings are a European thing, I'm going to smoke them at some point.
I can't remember what brand tires I put on but they are 225 40 18 to keep within the stock alloy/tire diameter so it doesn't affect the speedo reading it's actually within 0.02 of the speedo reading, so I'm happy with that. I'm going to run these rims until around November then put the stock 17" rims back on for the winter as the roads here are really :shit:
As for selling yours!!!!
NOoooooooooooooooooo
Keep 'em,refurb'em, put em on and show the world!
I think these are a perfect match for both the 1st & 2nd gen 3's and when I see them on one I just think ,,,,,,,,?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Nice:yes:

·
Registered
138 Posts
What part of the UK are you in? I've always enjoyed my time there whenever I'm on vacation there. That weather is just like Seattle; gloomy and possibly wet out. Looking good though, RX8 wheels look better on our cars than RX8s themselves.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi I live in Yorkshire (In the North of England) in a town called Doncaster only 6 miles from where William Brewster lived (A little village called Scrooby) who was one of the Pilgrim Fathers who arrived in America in 1620 on the Mayflower and was one of the founders of the Plymouth Colony in New England. That's the history lesson over :w00t 1: lol
Yes there are beautiful places all over the uk to visit it's just being an island sometimes sucks the weather doesn't always play ball!! But saying that the Seasons are beautiful to see especially the spring and autumn. Where have you had vacated? Seattle has similar seasons doesn't it?
Back to the car,,, the guy I bought the alloys from had a Rx8 himself and he had upgraded his alloys so sold the originals to me they were in need of a refurb, he asked me to send him some pics once I had them done and he was blown away by how good they were and a tad jealous he said the same "they looked better on our 3's" but would I sell them back!!!! :Na_Na_Na_Na 1: No!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts