2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a dumb question, and I'm assuming the car is designed like this as I have never hit my mirror on anything... My driver side mirror (the whole housing) actually sticks out farther, and at a wider angle than my passenger side view mirror, which is visibly angled in tighter to the car. From a birds eye view, it is very obvious- they are not at even angles. Normal?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds like the mirror housing got bumped at some point. The whole pod rotates forward and backward so it won't break off when bumped. You should be able to pull it back towards the driver side window and it'll click into place.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When you think about it, it makes sense because the side mirrors need to be angled such that a car behind you on either side needs to follow a different line after bouncing off the mirror to travel to the driver's eye. Since your'e not sitting in the middle, the line of sight is different, and asymmetric.

However, that being said, there is no reason why the mirror housing itself should be angled differently, or stick out more.

Anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I assume you are talking about the actual mirror itself? My driver's side mirror has more of a gap on the side closest to the car than the passenger mirror. I just figured this was normal though as I don't see any damage and it still operates...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts