2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's already a side skirt install thread here someone but I just had a quick question. You can delete if this is invalid.

anyways, does anyone know a place that installs side skirts? or someone that can help a brotha out.
To be honest, i really don't feel comfortable doing it myself. I'm pretty sure I would fuck something up lol. If anyone in SD area willing to help I can help you out too lol $$$

·
Registered
752 Posts
I bought bayson r.. I regret it. The fitment is pretty good but the mounting quality and longevity is very questionable.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I bought bayson r.. I regret it. The fitment is pretty good but the mounting quality and longevity is very questionable.
VERY questionable. One was twisted and the 3m doesn't even stick anymore. If I hadn't attached with an added clip on the back ends mine would have already fallen off. It's only been 5 months or so if that. OEM all the way!

·
Registered
752 Posts
My concern with the bayson R skirts is the kinda jankey mounting hardware that attaches them to the pinch weld. Yeah its easy to install and they look just fine but Im pretty sure one good winter of heavy snow and salt weighing on them would break em up pretty good. I dont drive my car in the snow so it wont be an issue but its definitely something people should consider when doing skirts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Go OEM all the way. I got 20% off on the OEM. With Bayson R, you would need to paint so cost is not too far off. And I am hearing installation is not very consistent.
Installation is fairly simple. I followed @mazdaspeedmyk in the How-to section. Take your time, do the prep work well. It took me like 2.5-3 hr each side. And I took short break in between to let the touch up paint dry.:001_cool 1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts