2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I have been browsing over the past couple of weeks and looking around here. Seems like a fun and informative place.

I just bought a 2016 MAzda 3i GT in Crystal Blue Mica. I have had it for about 3 weeks now, and loving it.

I am looking to make it look a little more low profile(I will eventually get new rims and tires...probably a couple years off) but right now I am looking at side skirts and a front lip.

I was looking at the all fit lip first, but then I found a site called zestjdm. This was the only place I have been able to find the side skirts for a reasonable price. M'z_style Side Skirts and M'z_style Front Splitter

My questions are.

1. Has anyone ordered from zestjdm before?
2. Are their kits good quality? Different recommendations for better at a reasonable price?
3. How would they look unpainted next to the crystal blue mica?
4. Difficult to install? I am thinking about doing the installation myself if they will look decent unpainted. I am fairly competent with tools and DIY projects.
5. I have the dealer installed mud flaps. Would they have to come off for the side skirt install? Your thoughts on looks with both installed?

If you can answer any or all of the questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
4. If they install like the OEM ones it's not that hard. My dealer talket about it. As I understand they mount in already existing clips - probably the ones that hold the bottom plastic shrouds (as the door sill is the actual body of the car - not a plastic cover). It required no drilling etc. The front, rear diffusor and roof spoiler is much more work.
5. The mudflaps does not work with the sideskirts. The flaps mount flush with the shape of the corner around the bottom of the car - the sideskirts would "go thrue" the skirts. If you're handy you could probably modify the skirts (shorten them in the front end) so they can co-exist. Would probably need some paint then though to cover up eventual sanding and filler work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skagerstrom,

Thanks for the reply.

on 5, that is what I thought. I guess I could just take off the mud flaps. They look like they are just held on by 3 screws. I could probably take out the dremel, but I dont know if I want to mess with it too much and screw something up.

on 4. Yeah, I have looked at the spoiler and rear diffuser as well. I am contemplating the rear spoiler painted from I think it was thespeedline that I saw posted on this forum somewhere. I may just get that professionally installed. I have not decided on getting the rear diffuser yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts