2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really considering getting the OEM style side sill extensions. Upon viewing the OEM Side Sills I was slightly appalled by the price. After some poking around I found Bayson R "OEM Style" Side Sill Extension for almost $500 less.

Mazda Side Sills= $592.95
Bayson R Side Sills= $115.00
Total Cost Difference= $477.95

If any of you could offer your opinions on these two products that would be great. I would love a word from actual owners of either.

Thanks,
dmodling712

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have the bayson R ones and i was lucky to have painted for 150$.

personally, its great, hassle-free installation and looks just as good as the OEM.

if you can find a paint shop to paint them for reasonable price i say go ahead and get them

·
Registered
209 Posts
What color car do you have? If its something simple you could vinyl wrap the skirts and save some $ over painting.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have both the BaysonR ms3 wing and sill extensions, I like them both. But as stated they will need to be painted prior to install, unless you're into something cheaper like vinyl, raw, or dipped. Also keep in mind if you go with the mazda oem extensions you will need to drill about 22 holes in your vehicle, 11 on each side of the rocker panels. As where the BaysonR versions willl mount to the bottom rail of your vehicle, and have 3m tape for the side, no drilling. Hope that helps a bit.

Attachments

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
You don't necessarily have to drill holes for OEM.. U can just take opt out to use the clips and use double sides tape in their place.. Then it will mount to the lower pre drilled holes at the bottom of the car and stick on the side with double sided tape.. It'll be a better fitment than baysonr in my opinion.. But if u can't find a good deal on OEM.. Basonr is the best choice for u

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ohh ok well thats much better then, I chose the bayson version because I work at a body shop so it was dirt cheap for me. I'd think for most others its best to just find a good deal on oem, especially if you can opt out of the drilling like you said. I think that scares alot of people.

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
Yep I opted to drill holes but when working on it it's pretty easy to just put double sided tape and be done with it.

Also as an FYI there is the little bit of double sided tape on the rear part of the OEM skirt to hold it up and that OEM double sides tape is crazy strong I would like to know who makes it for them

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
209 Posts
Another option for matching the skirts on a budget is plastidip with pearlizer. The results with pearlizer look pretty awesome.
Sample below, Black plastidip + pearlizer + glossifier. If I ever get skirts, I'm trying this first.

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
I am about to place an order for the Sides and MS3 Wing from BaysonR, and I plan to do the painting myself. So we shall see how it turns out....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts