2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. For stupid reasons my left-side side-mirror got pretty busted and the cover couldn't be *safely* recovered (pics attached). But it looks like I might get away with just replacing the outer cover and the mirror (the turn-signal light got cracked, but I'm not bothered). Can anyone confirm if that is the case? Or am I missing retention clips or something? Thank you

P.S. No, this doesn't have power folding.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Is it difficult to pop the right side cover off to check for clips etc???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did actually try it, but removing the mirror (which according to a guide I saw is the first step) was a little to hard and I was afraid I might break it as well. Unfortunately, the video guides i saw were either blurry, constantly moving so I couldn't even use that for reference. I was hoping someone else had pics for reference.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
I did actually try it, but removing the mirror (which according to a guide I saw is the first step) was a little to hard and I was afraid I might break it as well. Unfortunately, the video guides i saw were either blurry, constantly moving so I couldn't even use that for reference. I was hoping someone else had pics for reference.

The hardest part is popping the mirror back on the plastic two pegs, which controls up/down - left/right. I broke one side and had to buy the whole mirror assembly - $158. cdn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts