2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2010 Mazda 3 is making a loud rattling shaking metallic noise from the rear of the car whenever going on a bumb. This noise is very unsettling and bothersome. I went to 4 mechanics 2 said its something in the gas tank one told me its the hub bearing and another one told me nothing can be found. The one that told me hub bearing seemed to be lying just wanted to fix anything to make money and the guys that said gas tank both said it isn't worth doing anything.

Has anyone had a similar issue because I don't know what to do I'm about to sell it just because of this sound.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
124 Posts
rear shock mounts...rattling against the body of car... insulating the shock mounts by applying some rubber washers helps. i havent done it to my car yet, but read some other people have. dont mess with the gas tank...

·
Registered
9 Posts
How did you narrow the rattle down to the rear hatch latch? I am having a similar thump/bump sound going over pavement bumps/holes. I checked the jack, tightened that up, but the noise did not go away. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts