2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my 2011 I'm able to shuffle through all my favorite presets using the steering wheel controls but on this 2014 S Touring you can only shuffle through favorites per audio source. For example, I can't shuffle through my AM, FM and XM preset stations at the same time, I have to be in that audio source. Any way around that?

·
......KCCO......
102 Posts
Bugs me too! Hopefully a future update could make it work the way you said. Another gripe I have is when I'm in xm and I go to the channel list it always starts at channel 1. Not the channel I'm on. So I have to scroll all the way back through. Kind of annoying

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does that to me too! Even with my ipod, if I'm in shuffle and turn the car back on it will start from the first song, not where it left off.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yes it does that to me too! Even with my ipod, if I'm in shuffle and turn the car back on it will start from the first song, not where it left off.
I second that, I have a playlist on my iPhone where I usually play my music from, but here and there, it would start from the first song of the entire library.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to try to update to the latest software version since i'm only on v25 and hope that helps. Wonder if a non-apple mp3 player would be any different as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, that sounds like an issue, probably should go to dealer and try to update to the latest version

·
Registered
583 Posts
So on my 2011 I'm able to shuffle through all my favorite presets using the steering wheel controls but on this 2014 S Touring you can only shuffle through favorites per audio source. For example, I can't shuffle through my AM, FM and XM preset stations at the same time, I have to be in that audio source. Any way around that?
I found that once using my center console controls that it is easier than the steering wheel ones so in a habit all the time.... I guess it is what you use and get comfortable with.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I'm still trying to get used to the center dial, it's still hard to keep your eyes on the road using it, thats why I like the steering wheel control to shuffle.

·
......KCCO......
102 Posts
yeah I'm still trying to get used to the center dial, it's still hard to keep your eyes on the road using it, thats why I like the steering wheel control to shuffle.
I'm the opposite, I love the center dial. I don't have to look at it or the surrounding buttons. Makes it super easy. I'll use the forward/backward and volume on the steering wheel though

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I assume that it is not possible to rotate through *all* your favorites with the button on the steering wheel as the OP asked? The is my main annoyance on my new 2015 S touring; otherwise its a great car so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts