2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a huge collection of MP3 on two USB-Sticks in my Mazda 3.

Most of those MP3-Files are so old that I hadn't even embedded an album picture at the time I ripped them. I was really 'impressed' that my MZD is showing album art pictures for each album... But where are those pictures coming from? My Mazda is not connected to any internet.

Example:
I have a very old Billy Joel Collection (Best of... 3 CDs ripped to MP3... no pictures embedded... no JPG in any Folder...) ... the album cover (of the CD) shows him when he was very young... what does my Mazda show? A picture of Billy Joel 'today'... Where the heck do those 'ghost pictures' come from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a huge collection of MP3 on two USB-Sticks in my Mazda 3.

Most of those MP3-Files are so old that I hadn't even embedded an album picture at the time I ripped them. I was really 'impressed' that my MZD is showing album art pictures for each album... But where are those pictures coming from? My Mazda is not connected to any internet.

Example:
I have a very old Billy Joel Collection (Best of... 3 CDs ripped to MP3... no pictures embedded... no JPG in any Folder...) ... the album cover (of the CD) shows him when he was very young... what does my Mazda show? A picture of Billy Joel 'today'... Where the heck do those 'ghost pictures' come from?
Probably it is embedded in the mp3 ;) use a tool like mp3tag to remove or add album-art

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Also note that you can update the gracenote database by yourself. It works very well for me, as long as the files have correct id3 tags. Somethimes though gracenote thinks it knows it better and shows "corrected" Artist names and album arts, this might happen when you have a rare artist which has a name similar to a well-known artist.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Also note that you can update the gracenote database by yourself. It works very well for me, as long as the files have correct id3 tags. Somethimes though gracenote thinks it knows it better and shows "corrected" Artist names and album arts, this might happen when you have a rare artist which has a name similar to a well-known artist.
I don't know how is "Grey Daze" similar to "Greg Lake". It replaces 3 letters!!!
I emailed Infotainment support numerous times about it without any luck. Still the same bullshit after latest update.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can also disable gracenote completely if you switch the ignition to off while gracenote is making an update and is nearly finished. this breaks gracenote completely and it will no longer work (though the "powered by gracenote" slogan still shows up). Then you will only have the information from the id3 tags available. to restore you can make a full gracenote update without interrupting.

·
Registered
689 Posts
You can also disable gracenote completely if you switch the ignition to off while gracenote is making an update and is nearly finished. this breaks gracenote completely and it will no longer work (though the "powered by gracenote" slogan still shows up). Then you will only have the information from the id3 tags available. to restore you can make a full gracenote update without interrupting.
That's true but then audio voice control won't work if you disable Gracenote.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In my experience, when it did recognize what I album I said it didn't play the tracks in album order like it does if I play using folder mode, making it useless to me. Some albums (eg Dark Side of the Moon) have to be listened to in order.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts