2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully we'll be returning our Dieselgate Jetta Sportwagen back to VW in the next few weeks. Once we have money in-hand we'll be putting it towards a 2017 3 GT hatch. We'll probably be trading-in our '06 3s Touring hatch at the same time (unless I can convince DH that it's worth keeping for the almost 16 year old).

I'm pretty set on the Eternal Blue Mica with parchment leather seats. I'd love to see some photos, since there's a good chance that we won't see this color in-person before ordering. It's entirely possible that I won't be able to test drive the manual, either (no biggie. There were no manuals when we test drove for our original 3, we ended up having to order to get a manual hatch).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's beautiful. I love the looks of the aero kit, but it's a no-go in an area that gets pretty heavy snowfalls. I'd be scraping it up badly just on our street that is not consistently well-plowed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the eternal blue too, and the first time i saw it in the sunlight i kinda cringed but like you said, its starting to grow on me haha.

did you buy the aero kit with the purchase of the car or were they put on afterwards?

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Very good look car Jeeperscreepbeers! That is the first Eternal Blue Mica with the Appearance Package. Very nice!!!

BTW, send you a PM with some questions.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I love this color. I tried really hard to get one, but they could not locate one for me with the options group I wanted and the black interior. I would have had to order and wait much longer - with that said I'm not disapointed with what I ended up with (red).

It's a very classy looking color.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
car0800, are those the parchment leather seats? That looks like exactly what I'm planning to order...right down to manual transmission. Looks gorgeous!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got this a couple of weeks ago

Here's my Eternal Blue Mica 2017 M3GT HB. I sorta bought it on impulse. I liked the red, but blue is my favorite color and when it's clean it looks great in the sun.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I shot Raw on my camera and did some tweaking in Adobe Lightroom to make the color pop against the cloudy sky. It's not HDR technically, but the way I edit uses some of the same principles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, that looks beautiful!

And I have to ask about your username...cyclist? I gotta have a hatchback, because sometimes the weather is too gross to have my bike on a rack outside the car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
How does it look like in real?

In these pictures it looks fantastic and really-really gets me worried for I didn't order this Eternal Blue color instead of the pearl white. (For the first time I saw this color in the factory Mazda3 facelift broschure, I thought yes, it is a real, live, vivid blue color, just like me old 2010 Mazda3 was in it's celestial blue color).

Then I checked real-world pics of Eternal BLue on google and seemingly it wasn't anything like that Celestial Blue.
I just can't understand why Mazda doesn't offer other great, vivid, real colors apart of the soul red.
All the colors seemingly, grey-blue, grey-titan, dark grey and silver, and that's it.

Where is a real, vivid, sharp Blue like the Celestial BLue was? I just can't believe nobody of the new car owners would take home a vivid car....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mines a 2017 GT hatchback with a manual. Eternal blue wasnt my first choice, but the color has grown on me. I have the aero kit and the preferred equipment package.
Curious how you got the all black Front Air Dam with the Appearance Package. Was your Appearance Package the 2AP port-installed version or did you have your dealer order the parts individually and get the all-black Front Air Dam? The port-installed package has the black with silver accents Front Air Dam.

Also, keep the photos coming, folks! I am trying to decide on Eternal Blue Mica vs. Machine Gray Metallic for my next company lease later this year. I currently have a 2017 Mazda3 Grand Touring MT 5-door in Machine Gray Metallic with Appearance Package, Premium Equipment Package and i-ACTIVSENSE Package. I am thinking of "downgrading" to a 2017 Mazda3 Touring MT 4-door in Eternal Blue Mica with body-colored trunk lip spoiler and Appearance Package mainly to get greater range on a tank after my current lease will be up around September 2017.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
USCTrojan4JC, a partial answer to your question of Jeepbeerscreepbeers. As it appears that there are no more port installs of the AP package; at least that has been the experience of M3R members who have gotten their 3's lately and who tried and failed to order their AP at the same time with their order -- but Mazda's order system would not "accept it." Thus their dealer's parts folks have been ordering the AP package in pieces via the five parts numbers that you know far better than I (thanks for teaching me).

And at least my dealer and one other forum member's dealer (other than "Jeep") has been buying those AP parts at the same total price as was negotiated in the original order agreement -- with the dealer installing it at no charge (a Mazda reimbursement to the dealer for that labor???). Hence, I am able to now order the AP package with the rear roof spoiler being in black whereas my AP order would have required it to be my Soul Red body color (again more info I learned from you).

And had I wished, I could therefore have had my dealer order my splitter in all black. Hope this is a useful partial answer to your question.

And again a public great big thanks to USCTrojan4JC for being so helping and informative to so many M3R members!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts