2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to finally play with the AIO tweaks, seems like a lot of bugs have been worked out.

I know my version is compatible, v55.00.753 NA. I have not updated simply because it's been quite stable for me....unlike past versions.

So for the purpose of installing tweaks and AA, is there any reason to update this thing? I'm aware of the 59.00.502 issues, so I'll stay away from that thanks.

Only gripe I have is the occasional restarting of my music list, but that's rare now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
im on 33 and cant figure out the right way to upgrade past it to use AIO and the .502 says it wont read usb anymore so do i go with 59? so confused lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'd like to finally play with the AIO tweaks, seems like a lot of bugs have been worked out.

I know my version is compatible, v55.00.753 NA. I have not updated simply because it's been quite stable for me....unlike past versions.

So for the purpose of installing tweaks and AA, is there any reason to update this thing? I'm aware of the 59.00.502 issues, so I'll stay away from that thanks.

Only gripe I have is the occasional restarting of my music list, but that's rare now.
The highest North America version that is NOT locked down is 59.00.441. In my experience it worked well with tweaks and was very stable and had better responsiveness, such as scrolling through lists, than previous versions. Unfortunately, I updated to 59.00.502 NA before anyone knew that it was locked down, so now I'm stuck.

With that said, 55.00.753 will work just fine with tweaks, so you could keep it as-is. You can up- and down-grade between 55 and 59 all you want as long as you don't install 502 or any other locked version.

Link to firmware downloads: https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/

Good luck!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Cool, thanks for the link! I might give it a go. Can you upgrade or downgrade with tweaks installed just fine?
I would always uninstall all tweaks before updating my firmware, just to be extra safe. But I think it is possible to change version without removing tweaks, or at least some of them. You could look through the AIO thread to see what others think.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would always uninstall all tweaks before updating my firmware, just to be extra safe. But I think it is possible to change version without removing tweaks, or at least some of them. You could look through the AIO thread to see what others think.
just wanted to say thanks. i just updated the system firmware and then applied tweaks after. i'm overjoyed to have AA on it just for the GPS functionality. the GPS SD card is around $500 from my dealer....no thanks. not when my phone does a better job for free. after looking up some instructions everything went off without a hitch!

now i have to learn the AA system....fun times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts