2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always painted my calipers red but now idk if I should even paint them or what color.

Im trying to go for the white on black look, so idk if red would kill the whole look?

any suggestions?

·
Registered
701 Posts
white? no. It would probably get too dirty.

black? no, what's the point. Won't be able to see it all that well.

Red is the most common since it stands out. If you don't want to do red, how about blue or yellow?

·
Registered
641 Posts
the red would compliment the red in your tail lights

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I guess maybe black would look good

·
Use the Search Button!
746 Posts
Alot of people have done black because before you paint them it's more of a dirty finish, but after, it's a glossy black that actually doesn't look too bad.
If you paint them a different color, pick a color that you will use as an accent of the car as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i might test it out the colors first

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anybody got pictures of their calipers painted?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I personally went black because my rims are very see through with red accents... the stock calipers in my opinion are too ugly to be brought into attention by painting them red/yellow/green etc!

Here is mine before and after...
Before:

After:

And here is a picture from the side.. not best view but you can get the idea I think!

Hope this helps! :yes:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Since you are doing a stormtrooper look... in my opinion... I would go black... if you put any colors on your calipers you going to draw attention to behind your wheels and away from the over all look of your vehicle!

another reason I went black.. since I personally like my wheels I want people to look at them, not what is behind them.. unless I get a nice brembo or stoptech kit :tongue:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I went with red to match my body paint. Here you go

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Search there is a whole thread dedicated to this!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Paint them silver. It looks nice, stands out, but isn't overly attention grabbing like red. I'll see if I can find any pictures of my last car... I did them in silver because I thought red on stock brakes would look riced out.

EDIT: Found a picture of my silver calipers on my Accord :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
the truth is... EVERYONE is going to tell you to paint them the color they painted theirs, because EVERYONE loves their own. paint them whatever color you think you'll like, and you will LOVE the outcome... DO IT! g2 ftw

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great Pics guys :yes:

Ive decided on either black or silver they both would look good w/ my rims and overall my car but I wont be able to paint them till next month when I take off my rims for the winter

Just one more question what kind of paint did you guys use? was it from a spray can or a pint of paint? and where can I get them?
. . . so much for one more question lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.