2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salvage title because of this:

But this is what it looks like now:

I am going to get it inspected by a mazda dealer, but you guys probably know more about these cars since you own them. Do you think that this would be a bad investment to buy this car even though it looks like it was entirely cosmetic damage?

Here is what the seller said about the car:

On the picture the bumper is not damaged they just took it off from frame to take a better picture! There is no frame damage and airbags still original not deplyed. You can see the lights are original not broken on the floor too

Advice?

3k below book. 75000 miles. Yes I know the insurance and loan issues with a salvage title.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's roughly 30% off book... That's pretty good isn't it? And it's not like I plan to sell this anytime soon. If the dealer checks it out and says it's okay, it should be good no?

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's up to you to decide if the savings are signifigant enough. I'd be factoring in, higher potential for issues, and lower resale. I've owned rebuilt titled(what we call it in Canada) vehicles before so I'm not against them by any means.

·
Registered
508 Posts
It's up to you to decide if the savings are signifigant enough. I'd be factoring in, higher potential for issues, and lower resale. I've owned rebuilt titled(what we call it in Canada) vehicles before so I'm not against them by any means.
X2

·
Registered
975 Posts
3k below book right now means come time to sell it, you won't have an option and will have to junk it, or make sub 1k total.

IMO the risks are FAR to great to consider a salvage. Some people may get lucky, but sometimes you can spend that 3k savings in an instant and more, and still never be able to sell it since it's got a salvage paper stuck to it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If you know youre not gonna sell it and you plan on running it into the ground then id say buy it. That damage looks cosmetic and ive had plenty of salvage title cars so im not against it. As always though try to get an even better deal on it

·
Registered
326 Posts
As someone who has worked in the automotive industry and currently in powersports... STAY AWAY! Salvage titles are a royal bitch. The inspections are way more strict, much more thorough, and you can end up having to pay for way more than you first thought.

Save yourself the headache and avoid it!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Frankly if there supposedly so little damage I would wonder why the car was written off, no airbags deployed, hood was repairable, fender not damaged on passenger side, bumper cover needing replaced but not totally trashed headlamps not broken, something smells.

Pat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! I appreciate and respect the advice and am not going to buy it. Guy seems more and more shady the more I talk to him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts