2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Has anybody here tried putting a short shifter on their 3? If so, what brand?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I had a JBR short shift plate on both of my 3`s (the `16 and my Speed). Took the SSP off the speed and went with their short shifter assembly. I was pretty happy with all of them.

·
Super Moderator
6,410 Posts
I have the JBR shifter plate and cable end busings in my 2016. It makes a pretty decent improvement over the factory shifter.:smile2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shifter

I put the TWM short shifter in. It's outstanding. Expensive but worth it comes with the billet alumnium bushings for under the housing and the shifter itself. Putting the new one in is a little tricky but doable.
makes the shifter 2 and 1/2 inches shorter physically and reduces the throw by 40% a huge difference in how the car shifts now. I put a weighted shift knob on (the stock one from my Miata) and a shifter extension to bring it back up to where it was before. Worth the cost and best combined with the corksport tranny mount.

Chris Rummel

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the JBR shifter plate and cable end busings in my 2016. It makes a pretty decent improvement over the factory shifter.
Is the one you're using the one listed for the speed3? Because I looked on the website and there was nothing for the 3 itself :/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts