2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any direct shift knob replacements that don’t require a spacer under the boot like most of the post I have already searched?

I like the James Barone in particular but I am open to other suggestions of course.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This one could work out sweetly. Only 140.00 plus shipping.
Who makes that one?

I’m currently talking to billetworks that makes custom shift knobs with different shapes and will engrave the evil m logo along with the shift pattern.

Seems interesting if they come through. The different shapes like tear drop and piston you would think would be long enough to thread directly on with no need for a spacer installed underneath the boot.

·
Registered
900 Posts
The one i posted is made by Mazdaspeed in Japan. I don'tit as i drive an Auto with a sweet AutoExe knob.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The one i posted is made by Mazdaspeed in Japan. I don'tit as i drive an Auto with a sweet AutoExe knob.
Would by chance have a photo of the auto exe knob installed? I was looking at it myself, but how does the auto knob work without the trigger? The pictures I saw of the autoexe didn't have one shown ... Maybe I'm missing something.

·
Registered
900 Posts
it might seem like a waste of money but it makes me happy every time i use it.
You push the ball down to release it, compared to pulling the trigger.
Installation was super easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
perfect, thanks for filling in the blanks. looks awesome. can you recommend a website to order the autoexe knob?

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
The MX-5 knob goes on real simply, here's what you do, order your knob, when it arrives grab some electrical tape, remove oem knob, very easy, install MX-5 knob, see how much gap there is, remove knob, add electrical tape wrapped 2-3 times around the point that you need the boot to move up, pull boot up, reinstall MX-5 knob, happy trails. Its just that easy, did EXACTLY that with mine, no regrets, no issues, looks clean, looks like its OEM for the Mazda 3. It also has some serious weight for an OEM knob, feels really good in the hand, crisp clean shifting with that nice quality feel to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts